Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   $200NL, horrible turn, just call down? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403646)

context 05-15-2007 10:59 AM

$200NL, horrible turn, just call down?

6 handed $200NL.

Hero/SB: $198.
BB: $199.
UTG: $94.
UTG+1: $205.
CO: $71..
Btn: $368.10

UTG is a loose passive player (over a smallish sample of 50 or so hands), running at ~ 40/2/1, he'll CC a huge range, loves connectors and 1-gappers.

Dealt to Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG calls, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $7, BB folds, UTG calls.

FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $12, UTG calls.

TURN: 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="blue"> Yuk, time for pot control? </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets $26. Hero calls?

Not sure about this, the guy could be betting a bit range, and he's got little left behind, he should nearly always push the river - betting $49 into a pot of $92.

Is the best line to c/c the turn (given we have outs) and then fold to a river push (due to his being so passive)?

joeblack 05-15-2007 11:05 AM

Re: $200NL, horrible turn, just call down?

Instead of checking I would bet $24 on the turn. If raised I would call (dependent on size) and re-evaluate the river.

checking makes this an auto-bet for the villian.

Wu36 05-15-2007 11:58 AM

meh, nother vote for betting turn. id rather not catch bluffs vs a player this passive.

we're getting 2.5-1 if he pushes over a 25$ bet, so fold if he always has a jack and call if he can bluff here i guess.

OMGTILTING 05-15-2007 01:10 PM

i c/c turn trying to fill up. If i dont i fold river if he fires again.

Usually people dont fire again on river unless they have it.

DanJ. 05-15-2007 01:14 PM

Against a LP, i think you should be betting the turn, he almost never bluffs you and calls down with heaps of garbage.

OMGTILTING 05-15-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a LP, i think you should be betting the turn, he almost never bluffs you and calls down with heaps of garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off we only have 50 hands so hard to really tell if hes passive, second even passive players will try to bluff here. Third he will fold most hands that dont include the str8 wich also is bad.

DanJ. 05-15-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First off we only have 50 hands so hard to really tell if hes passive,

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, didnt read sample size.

[ QUOTE ]
second even passive players will try to bluff here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rarely.

[ QUOTE ]
Third he will fold most hands that dont include the str8 wich also is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain likes to check/call a lot...in my experience this guy prob wont fold Qx.

ArgusSpets 05-15-2007 01:23 PM

I like betting more then cc ing, because then it should be clearer where we stand before river?! If he slowplays the J then (I am not sure what I would do against a minraise=?) we still can fill up on river?!