Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Basically got check-raised three times in this hand. . . (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403453)

VarlosZ 05-15-2007 02:55 AM

Basically got check-raised three times in this hand. . .

No reads on villain, just sat down a few orbits ago so my image should be pretty unkown.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($1007.05)
SB ($693)
Hero ($600)
UTG ($600)
MP ($1449.90)
CO ($507.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $33</font>, Hero calls $12.

Flop: ($63) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($63) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $44</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $88</font>, Hero calls $44.

River: ($239) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $120</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $575, Hero. . . ?</font>

I usually bet the flop in this spot, but decided not to this time for no particular reason. Should I have checked the river? Call or fold on the end? Thanks.

FBP 05-15-2007 03:05 AM

Re: Basically got check-raised three times in this hand. . .

Call river, you got the nuts and played it wierd, you asked for action don't fold when you get it.

And obviously bet the flop like 99.9999999999% of the time, so you shouldn't check this flop for the next 5 Zillion hands.

youcanhaveitall 05-15-2007 03:06 AM

fold. You beat next to nothing in his range IMO. Unless he is a spewy maniac I don't see this call being profitable.

DJ Sensei 05-15-2007 05:37 AM

flop check is alright

3-bet turn, and get it in

river, gross, it smells a lot like AK but since he played it so weird i probably call and stack his any 2 or KJ most of the time

BobboFitos 05-15-2007 05:51 AM

honestly this hand is played so weird id call and be upset i got owned by a donk with AA.

Johnes Benjamin 05-15-2007 05:57 AM

I really think he has Ak here. I would not call without very strong read. What do you guys think of weak 3bet pre? I think it seems like he trying to build a pot drawing with his beloved AK. I've seen donks do this b4.

Are we really hoping for KJ? minraise turn w/J and then c/rai on river, it just doesn't seem right. possibly KJd i guess

Geir74 05-15-2007 06:17 AM

I don't mind flop check, but no way I'm betting this river without a read.
I'd rather lose value, then make a note, than to stack off to an unknown idiot with AA.

Limp rearise in sb + check A-flop + check minraise turn. Check-raising is obviously this donks idea of valuetown. Your riverbet is playing right into his game.

DJ Sensei 05-15-2007 06:19 AM

if villain was good, this is a very good spot for a river value checkraise with AK or a set or something, but given his kooky play throughout the rest of the hand i'm not sure i give him that much credit.

uberdonk 05-15-2007 06:26 AM

why check flop?

I'd prob bet flop knowin' I will likely get raised and I'll reraise to find out where I am.... that way it'll cost way less to find out where I am...

the only 2 real possibilities are AA and AK I think against a total tard

as played I'd fold river

CopTHIS 05-15-2007 06:42 AM

This looks most likely like some fish-like AA,AK or JJ, but given how weired the action is I guess calling can't be terrible, though I don't like a call there tbh. I probably check the river also.