Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   bet the rock on the river with one pair? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402222)

n.s. 05-13-2007 04:38 PM

bet the rock on the river with one pair?

Live 8-16.

EP is an ancient old man who fits the stereotype for the most part. He's not a complete rock, but he's not far off.

EP2 is sorta laggy, crazy type who playing pretty crazy tonight. He views me as very tight though.

I don't have much of a read on BB, but all signs point to suck.

PF Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">EP raises</font>, EP2 calls, folds to hero, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, EP calls, EP2 calls.

Flop 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](4 players, 12 SB)
BB checks, EP checks, EP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, EP calls, EP2 folds.

Turn J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](3 players, 7.5 BB)
BB checks, EP checks, <font color="red">hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="red">EP raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img](3 players, 13.5 BB)
BB checks, EP checks, Hero...?

elena_elphie 05-13-2007 06:14 PM

Re: bet the rock on the river with one pair?

I wouldn't bet this river, if EP is as you say he is probably scared of the flush or something and being weak when not betting the river with a hand better than yours, you are probably still behind. He checkraised the field out of position on the turn, which is quite a strong move.

tradingman123 05-13-2007 07:18 PM

Old man has a 7 like 100% of the time if your description is right.

Lunar Tweak 05-13-2007 11:21 PM

if EP is a rockish type, what EP raising hand includes a 7? looks like JJ on the turn. his play is strong, which is why i'm curious why you didn't fold the turn. but now that it's checked to you on the river, i don't mind a bet.

n.s. 05-14-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if EP is a rockish type, what EP raising hand includes a 7? looks like JJ on the turn. his play is strong, which is why i'm curious why you didn't fold the turn. but now that it's checked to you on the river, i don't mind a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking as well, and I very nearly did fold the turn, but my read on this guy isn't rock solid. Also, this type of player tends to play tight, but not read hands very well - if a thinking player had check-raised the field on this turn, I know one pair is no good, but the "old man rock" type tends to play really tight but then overplay their good hands, so I thought there was an outside chance that he'd play the other AA or something like KK this way.

Which I suppose means that I have to bet this river. The only hand that I'm losing to that would chicken out on the river is 9T, and I just don't see this guy raising that from EP.

Anyways, results: <font color="white">he shows KK and MHIG. d'oh!</font>

Tryptamean 05-14-2007 03:01 PM

So, did u bet the river?

n.s. 05-14-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, did u bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I chickened out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

HOWMANY 05-14-2007 05:14 PM

I would have folded the turn but once you got to the river it looks like he is going to have KK or the other AA almost every time.

ssmallz 05-14-2007 06:16 PM

Fold the turn, his c/r traps 2 people so he's not bluffing. He's got a 7 way too often

AragornX151 05-14-2007 06:30 PM

Folding turn is close, but I don't mind a call because QQ-KK are definite possibilities. River, I don't bet because a 7 chickens out a lot there...way too often to make it a +ev bet.