Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL How do I extract with a FH oop in a minraised pot? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401463)

Genz 05-12-2007 02:11 PM

50NL How do I extract with a FH oop in a minraised pot?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $49.50
<font color="black">Hero (BB): $55.00</font>
UTG: $47.15
CO: $167.25
BTN: $17.80

<font color="black">Reads: </font><font color="blue">Villain is loose, but only raises about 8% of his hands preflop (small sample). I don\'t know if his minraise means something special. His AF was 7 at that time, so he almost never called during the few hands he played. I'm always at a loss how I can extract here. Obviously, if he has nothing, I must let him bluff me. But since he doesn't raise so much preflop, I hoped he has some kind of pair. Raise the flop? Or wait until the turn? Does a turn c/r look too scary? Donk into him and hope he raises? What's your favorite line in a spot like this? And yes, I often reraise this preflop, but I didn't know what to think of this player.</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($2.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($5.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $2.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero ???

Colm 05-12-2007 02:30 PM

Re: 50NL How do I extract with a FH oop in a minraised pot?

i call the min raise pf like you did.

why did you cc the flop with draws? i just donk the flop and hope he hit in hopes of building a pot. as played i don't know what is best on turn, cr something he can call and hope he hits a flush or straight? i don't like calling on either street, on the flop it lets a dangerous card come off, and on the turn it doesn't build the pot.

Harri59 05-12-2007 02:50 PM

I raise flop for 4$

As played, raise for 6/7$ on turn

Entropy4 05-12-2007 03:00 PM

I would c/r flop.
Call turn and hope a flush card comes. I bet out river and hope to get raised. I don't think he has much here, so I think a c/r on the turn would scare him off.

Genz 05-12-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call the min raise pf like you did.

why did you cc the flop with draws? i just donk the flop and hope he hit in hopes of building a pot. as played i don't know what is best on turn, cr something he can call and hope he hits a flush or straight? i don't like calling on either street, on the flop it lets a dangerous card come off, and on the turn it doesn't build the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. The preflop raiser is pretty tight and he isn't very positional aware as far as I can tell (I forgot to mention that). So he probably isn't raising small suited connectors. So what draws should there be that have a big number of outs discounting the flush draw for a second because in HU pots, I'm not immediately of a flushdraw? They are mostly gutshots unless villain has specifically QJ. He has a AF at that time that tells me that he won't call down. I'm pretty sure that he will cbet. Under these circumstances, do you think a donkbet would be wise? Or do you think there is a better chance that a bet/3bet will get me more money than a c/r considering the aforementionned suspected tendencies of villain?

Genz 05-13-2007 03:25 AM

*bump* someone got an idea about the unanswered questions?

Little Fishy 05-13-2007 03:35 AM

I agree about not ccing the flop... as it is, I either call, and overbet the river, or call and underbet the river... do something that doesn't quite look right in order to get action out of weaker hands, know that a loose player with a king will usually raise you on the river...

Joe_Franco 05-13-2007 03:53 AM

I think i check raise him on the turn. Then just hope a good card falls on the river. If you check raise and he pushes I think i would call thinking he has some kind of king.