Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   TPTK total spew? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401019)

StrictlyStrategy 05-11-2007 08:48 PM

TPTK total spew?

Borg 10

Folded to CO who is the worst player alive, ultra loosepassive.

Obviously open limps.

button folds
Hero raises Ac Tc from SB

BB 3bets.

BB:
Taggish from what I can tell, which is the only reason I pounded this so hard. Not live taggish either, but like, actually good and alert. I'm not afraid of him but I doubt he's afraid of me either.

BB3bets everyone calls.

T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, bb bets fish calls I raise BB 3bets fish calls I 4bet everyone calls.

Turn is a brick and I lead. both call.(no diamond)

River's like another 3 or something and I bet.

WalkAmongUs 05-11-2007 11:54 PM

Re: TPTK total spew?

the 3-bet PF from the BB and the fact that he 3-bet your flop c/r means you're behind.

BigBadBabar 05-12-2007 12:32 AM

sheesh, looks like you're behind, unless bb has big diamonds. but it looks more like he has a big pair.

Harv72b 05-12-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the 3-bet PF from the BB and the fact that he 3-bet your flop c/r and then called your turn bet means you're behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

StrictlyStrategy 05-12-2007 05:21 AM

Ok, well what actually happened was after I bet the turn he said "set of tens is good" kind of quietly and I just checked the river.

Should I be calling his river bet? (I'm going to go ahead and say that the fact that I might have to overcall means nothing because that other idiot could have two black fives or something completely retarded)

ProfessorBen 05-12-2007 05:32 AM

What does the cap do for you? It might get villain to fold JJ and QQ if a A or K comes and it does charge AKdd and AQdd, but that's about it. It does charge the fish but you definitely don't have value in the extra bet.

As played, I have to b/f the turn and I don't think it matters whether we b/f or c/c the river.

Harv72b 05-12-2007 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, well what actually happened was after I bet the turn he said "set of tens is good" kind of quietly and I just checked the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got an overpair pretty much always. Although if he audibly puts you on top set and then bets that river I'd be suspicious enough to throw one more bet in there, given that you bloated the pot so much with that flop overplay.

bernie 05-12-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Although if he audibly puts you on top set and then bets that river I'd be suspicious enough to throw one more bet in there, given that you bloated the pot so much with that flop overplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who say stuff like this usually don't have a worse hand than top pair. They'd more likely ask or mention something about him having Aces or Kings if they had Qs or Js. They usually mention the closest reasonable hand that beats theirs.

b

Harv72b 05-12-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People who say stuff like this usually don't have a worse hand than top pair. They'd more likely ask or mention something about him having Aces or Kings if they had Qs or Js. They usually mention the closest reasonable hand that beats theirs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is I'm suspicious of his river bet when we check, because check/raising the both of them with the nut boat would be oh so sexy. Unless of course his comment got the desired tell out of us.

bernie 05-12-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is I'm suspicious of his river bet when we check, because check/raising the both of them with the nut boat would be oh so sexy. Unless of course his comment got the desired tell out of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you'd try and c/r this to get him off a better hand? I see him only betting with a hand that he expects to get called on his bet. That hand almost always beats a pair of Ts here.

b