Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Odd hand w/set vs a very loose player who is most likely a bluffer (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=400191)

Haplo 05-10-2007 07:22 PM

Odd hand w/set vs a very loose player who is most likely a bluffer

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $74.65
UTG+1: $49.05
MP1: $46.70
MP2: $54.90
MP3: $57.30
CO: $48
Hero: $98.30
SB: $55.05
BB: $56.65

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.75, 4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $11</font>, UTG calls, 2 folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($36.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $23</font>, <font color="#cc0000">

Hero ???????

I'm posting this one because our stacks were relatively big, and the bet into me was strange and I immediately thought the worst: KQ

What is your action and why? Thanks.

BertieH 05-11-2007 07:11 AM

Re: Odd hand w/set vs a very loose player who is most likely a bluffer

Don't really like your pf raise, it looks like a steal, and you'd have to fold to a reraise.
I like your flop play

Jouster777 05-11-2007 07:19 AM

Re: Odd hand w/set vs a very loose player who is most likely a bluffe

I call and let him keep betting. If he checks river I VB, if he bets river I call if not boated.

Spechel EDD 05-11-2007 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't really like your pf raise, it looks like a steal, and you'd have to fold to a reraise.
I like your flop play

[/ QUOTE ]

raise is fine here.

pot flop though. dont do any of that 3/4s stuff with 3 other people in the pot with you. its okay to 3/4's and 2/3s c-bet hu but definitely not in this spot. this board is very drawy and you dont want anyone getting anything cheap here.

id call the turn and re-evaluate my line to his river action.

yo5ty 05-11-2007 12:19 PM

I think a stronger flop bet is needed, just because QK is definately in their range at this point; however, I think this guy is raising QK pre flop.

Some other possibilities is he has something like TJ, or maybe 9T and he hit his second pair.

4_2_it 05-11-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call and let him keep betting. If he checks river I VB, if he bets river I call if not boated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree except there are a lot of river cards that will kill action or smoke hero. A turn raise is a push and I think I want to get it in now vs hoping that villain will bet something like a Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river.

jmgambler 05-11-2007 12:32 PM

This is a tricky spot, QK/87s are legitimate hands from an UTG limper, I am thinking Qx[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ?

Is QK, betting out like this here, though?

I think I am calling and reevaluate, I am calling the river for a not too stupid bet

DannyOcean_ 05-11-2007 12:58 PM

I like to pooooosh. Sure he could have a night mare hand, but he could also have QJ/98 just as often, and people play the pair+draw hands wierd as hell in my experience. Could also have JT/T9 and pair+clubs hands. You must at least call, but i think he is calling with any draw he bets out with. Typically if a loose plyer will bet out with a draw, they will call the raise. WE are stacking 2pair and getting stacked by KQ, those are inevitable, and if the draw misses the river, we are unlikely to get much value.

pooooosh.

boycalledroy 05-11-2007 02:49 PM

Push. I'm willing to go bust on any set I hit unless the board is really backwards.

Triggerle 05-11-2007 03:28 PM

PF is excellent (4bb + 1 for every limper).