Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   can i fold to this check raise on the flop? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399923)

gh171104 05-10-2007 01:25 PM

can i fold to this check raise on the flop?

i don't think i can get away from this flop

villain has been at my table for 17 hands and limped on for 2 of them, folding to 1/2 flop bets, so not much information

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.66 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.66 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG doesn't show.
Hero has Kc Kd (two pair, aces and kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 8.66 BB. </font>

Grease 05-10-2007 02:20 PM

Re: can i fold to this check raise on the flop?

I would be much more scared if your opponent had C/R'd the turn instead of the flop.

Given the flush draw and the lack of info on your opponent, I call down and make a note. The pot getting kinda large on the turn, and you're getting 4:1 on your calldown (or is it 3:1?) Either way, I think he's FOS enough here that calling is +EV.

gh171104 05-10-2007 02:24 PM

so u are putting him on a flush draw? i just thought it was odd that i raise preflop and could very well have just made trip aces yet he check raises me...

Esso 05-10-2007 02:58 PM

Against a loose passive I often fold, against a tricky aggressive player usually call down. Against an unknown I call down and after the hand usually curse myself for being a stupid showdown monkey.

BigBadBabar 05-10-2007 03:58 PM

i call down, there are only 2 aces left in the deck and he can be doing this with more than just an ace. and it's not tremendously likely he's limping a crappy ace utg.

NormandySD 05-10-2007 04:45 PM

Once you are at the river the call would be in order. You only need to win that hand occasionaly to make that call worthwhile. An idea of the opponent would come in extremely handy here. Have they ever check raised or even re-raised with a draw? Are they the type that may attempt to push people (anyone) off of a hand. Or are they a value player. Once you called the turn you made the decision to go to showdown on that river.

WalkAmongUs 05-10-2007 04:52 PM

with no real reads, i call down as well.

Auren 05-10-2007 05:02 PM

I think I would have played this same way as hero. But I got question...

If you were villain and you actually had ace how would you play on flop, turn and river?

terencetsao 05-10-2007 05:45 PM

I call here, unlikely the guy will limp in a A UTG.

gh171104 05-10-2007 06:57 PM

i had no real reads on villain only 17 hands, by the way i just looked at the results in white, i dont know why the hell it says i won the hand bc i definitely lost to AJo...