Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Buying in for the blind, FTP pro. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399368)

GiantWalleye 05-09-2007 07:10 PM

Buying in for the blind, FTP pro.

This was a few weeks ago, but I never saw a post for it so I figured I would post it now.

I was playing on FTP and decided to open the $25/$50 PLO just for a laugh becuase the rail usually suplies one. The pros on the table were JDags and Mark Vos. Jdags had $40K and was playing good. Vos on the other hand was talking about how drunk he was and buying in for $50 and calling all in everyhand. He would bust, then rebuy for $50 over and over again. If he won a hand he would play everyhand until he donked away the $300 and then buy for $50 again. I don't think anyone else on any site can buy in for the blind on a PLO table. WTF is the deal?

bmwguy525 05-09-2007 07:13 PM

Re: Buying in for the blind, FTP pro.

This was already discussed before. I think it has something to do with the fact that you can REBUY for 1 blind, but he had to have bought in for more than that. Search NVG for the Vos being a DB titles and it has an explanation in there.

MasterLJ 05-09-2007 07:45 PM

As the person who started the (now proven false) claim that only pros can buy in for 1BB... I can say this has been discussed before and is something anyone can do after they've been busted.

Vos is still a DB though.

coxquinn 05-09-2007 09:14 PM

why id love someone donating a blind a hand

Ansky 05-09-2007 09:17 PM

mark vos is the man btw

i lost so much money to him flipping tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

captZEEbo 05-09-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mark vos is the man btw

i lost so much money to him flipping tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]qft and same

john voight 05-09-2007 11:27 PM

vas was playing 2/400 PLO last or a few nights ago. baught in for 1k, heebed it up to like 3k, then i closed window to watch taylor play.

Parlay Slow 05-10-2007 05:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why id love someone donating a blind a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

In an aggressive PLO game it's def +EV to just be able to go all in for 1 BB every single hand.

SGspecial 05-10-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
vas was playing 2/400 PLO last or a few nights ago. baught in for 1k, heebed it up to like 3k, then i closed window to watch taylor play.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you mean by "heebed" here??

john voight 05-10-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly do you mean by "heebed" here??

[/ QUOTE ]

taking a small amount of money and building it up. So in this case he trippled it w/o going bust. Kind of hard IMO when you only have like 2.5bb.

I'm pretty sure the word "heeb" comes from Hebrew. If that is the case, I am sorry to any Jews out there.