Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   6Max - AJ sooted in SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398861)

Thomas Newton 05-09-2007 03:38 AM

6Max - AJ sooted in SB

From a good first session at 6Max, I am least happy with this hand.

I've been at the table for fifty. It's all going a bit quick. I'm thinking about a lot of things and the normal cool logic (lol) isn't really functioning. It's seems a somewhat tight table but I have no specific reads.

I like my cards but I'm concerned about being OOP. With hindsight - Raise PF.

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (16BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: 16BB

Assahai 05-09-2007 04:13 AM

Re: 6Max - AJ sooted in SB

PF:
You can't fold AJs from the SB, call/raise.

Flop:
c/r is good, however, when its capped I'd say fold here on the flop unless the villains are maniacs.
UTG probably has an overpair QQ,KK or AA and BB probably has a flush draw or a set.

Turn:
UTG's play looks like a set, BB on a draw, clear fold here.

aK13 05-09-2007 05:29 AM

Dump it when it's capped. You have the best hand never, and you're probably drawing practically dead.

Oink 05-09-2007 08:22 AM

Raise or fold preflop. When its just the raisor you want it HU.

When its 2 back to you on the flop its close. I dont think I fold just yet as JT, QJ, KJ, AJ, AQdd and AKdd is in UTG's range. Reads would really help tho. If he is the regular weak tight 21/15 at crypto you can prolly fold. If he is more Laggy you def shouldnt fold.

I would check the turn and see what happens. If it goes bet-raise I fold it and if it goes bet-call or check-call I would call planning to see a SD.

Aaron_ 05-09-2007 08:25 AM

*grunch*

Why the bet on the turn? The check-reraise from BB and the cap screams that you're behind and probably drawing thin, if not dead. I might call for one back to me on the turn if I knew both players to be aggressive, but otherwise I'd c/f.

Fantam 05-09-2007 08:33 AM

I dont mind the preflop call, but I probably would not have called the flop cap for 2sb. I think that you have to discount your outs for the possibility that BB has a set or flush draw.

Anyway, the turn bet definitely looks incorrect, given that both your opponents have shown so much strenght on the flop.

Thomas Newton 05-09-2007 08:43 AM

Why bet the turn? Naivety.

My thinking at the time was that I had shown strength chk raising and calling the cap, I was hoping they would slow down and knew if there were any raises after the bet I was done.

I could have found that out for free as you point out.

The truth is I've been playing PF ABC handchart style poker for a year and have avoided the subtleties of post flop play.

I'm trying to develop and I thank all for their input.