Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   24 hours of Teleportation, what to do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397559)

KJS 05-07-2007 03:44 PM

24 hours of Teleportation, what to do?

Imagine that you could teleport for a 24 hour period. Name a location and blink your eyes and and you are there nanoseconds later. You can bring one bag but no guests. Assume that other people cannot meet you unless they live in the area.

Where would you go and what would you do?

Me:

Breakfast and 18 holes of golf with Dad in Ohio (I know it is Ohio, but I only see him once a year presently)

Paris for food and drink.

Ko Lipe in Southern Thailand for beers with friends who live in Bangkok I haven't seen in 4 years.

Seafood at some coastal town in Brazil because I have never been.

Vienna for some poker. Monte Carlo or Vegas if the games are no good in Vienna.

Nightcap in NYC with friends.

Seems like a killer day. Not sure how this would all work with time zone issues though.

KJS

alphatmw 05-07-2007 03:51 PM

Re: 24 hours of Teleportation, what to do?

bank vault, bank vault, then bank vault. then use money to buy plane tickets to do stuff like you said.

4_2_it 05-07-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bank vault, bank vault, then bank vault. then use money to buy plane tickets to do stuff like you said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget armored cars.

Peter Harris 05-07-2007 04:11 PM

given i have no time to really appreciate a culture, i would resort to specific visual stimuli.

So:

Pyramids of Giza
South Pole
Peak of Everest
Amazon (somewhere along it)
top of a nice mountain ridge somewhere in Peru
visit all the people around the world i know for about 1hr/ea (so new zealand, australia, several in usa, europe)
Petra
Marrakech
others i can't think of.

edit: this is assuming that stealing money would result in my arrest; i am resorting to non-illegal activities (excepting breaking visa requirements, but i'd just teleport out before they got my name).

RayPowers 05-07-2007 04:20 PM

1 Gun
7 Bullets
OOT picks my targets.

Ray

P.S. (And rob a bank ldo)

XXXNoahXXX 05-07-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 Gun
7 Bullets
OOT picks my targets.

Ray

P.S. (And rob a bank ldo)

[/ QUOTE ]

EDITED by NT: it's pretty amusing that a LAW STUDENT would think 2p2 would let you say this on their site, and even dumber to think it's a good idea to post it regardless of what 2p2 thinks.

Grasshopp3r 05-07-2007 07:17 PM

Cue the secret service.

Why wouldn't you waste Osama and his leaders? How about Iran's prez Tom? Syria has some targets. Khaddaffy in Libya?

ocdscale 05-07-2007 07:50 PM

I'd rob a few banks on the other side of the country, in and out. I'd have a rock solid alibi, being in NY and all.

Seeing the sites would be great, but I'd also try teleporting into the air. Obv pack a parachute incase teleporting back to the ground doesn't work.

If that works, I sure as hell would shoot for the moon/mars next. Not sure how I would go about this though. Scuba gear + heavy coat? I wouldn't be there that long, just need to have an air supply and keep insulated.

bisonbison 05-07-2007 07:50 PM

Bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, nasa, moon

XXXNoahXXX 05-07-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, bank, nasa, moon

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can teleport to the moon, why go to nasa? to brag?

"Hey NASA! Check this out!"