Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Easy Razz fold? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396894)

Brocktoon 05-06-2007 05:16 PM

Easy Razz fold?

HORSE - Razz ($0.50/$1.00), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...

I'm sure this is automatic one way or the other but I want to see 5th. Mistake?

Andy B 05-06-2007 06:45 PM

Re: Easy Razz fold?

Easy fold. If the Ace had raised behind you, then the pot would be big enough that you would have to take a card off. The pot is small, and while your hand was very pretty on third, your situation on fourth is pretty bad. It happens. Fold and move on.

Andy B 05-06-2007 06:46 PM

BTW, get Sklansky on Poker.

Jigsaws 05-06-2007 07:17 PM

Yes, easy fold. Your cards are pretty dead anyways.

bigdaddydrew 05-06-2007 08:55 PM

Auto-muck.

betgo 05-07-2007 12:13 AM

I wouldn't always fold when I brick and the other guy caught good. Here, the pot is singly raised and your cards are dead.

Also, you raised in first position and villain called. That indicates he probably has a decent hand. If he open raised in late position or limp/called, he might be weaker and you could call 4th street.

SGspecial 05-07-2007 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't always fold when I brick and the other guy caught good. Here, the pot is singly raised and your cards are dead.

Also, you raised in first position and villain called. That indicates he probably has a decent hand. If he open raised in late position or limp/called, he might be weaker and you could call 4th street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good points.

Brocktoon 05-07-2007 12:19 PM

What if seat 2 caught a 9 and led out?

Is there a big difference?

betgo 05-07-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if seat 2 caught a 9 and led out?

Is there a big difference?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he caught a 9, this would be a very easy call.

Trencherman 05-07-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. If the Ace had raised behind you, then the pot would be big enough that you would have to take a card off. The pot is small, and while your hand was very pretty on third, your situation on fourth is pretty bad. It happens. Fold and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is standard advice, but can you relate it more generally to pot size? For example, if the ace had raised on third, the pot on fourth would be 5.3 small bets. Are immediate odds of about 5:1 the absolute minimum for a fourth-street call when Villain catches good and Hero catches awful?