Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Flopped low str8 --> fast play? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395499)

fretelöo 05-04-2007 01:58 PM

Flopped low str8 --> fast play?

The table is in the process of filling up (FR). Several players are waiting to post and the table is still quite loose. Given that I can be outdrawn rather easily on this semi-connected flop, is a raise in order?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.5SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ???

larm 05-04-2007 02:04 PM

Re: Flopped low str8 --> fast play?

*grunch*

i would raise... you have position and you are only beaten by Q9...

reevalute on the turn... if its loose they might cold call 2 bets....

Man of Means 05-04-2007 02:14 PM

Raise and collect bets - lots of hands will hit this flop and be willing to pay 2 bets with pair+gutshot, overs+gutshot, etc. and may even be waiting in the weeds with a two pair.

Your action and/or hand could die on the turn, so now's the time. Also, with your flop raise, villains may put you on a Jack or something weaker, but they know the "wait until turn to pop it" routine.

BigBadBabar 05-04-2007 02:16 PM

yep raisy daisy right now

ibi 05-04-2007 02:51 PM

*grunch*

You have a strong made hand, but the board texture makes you very vulnerable. RAISE to narrow the field is a must, no?

If he really does have Q9, I think you have to pay off if blanks come on the turn and river.

But he could be value betting a KQ, so an Ace or 9 would give me the MUBS. Two pair on this semi-connected board is also a consideration. So if the board pairs, more MUBS.

Shillx 05-04-2007 02:54 PM

Yeah raise it. You're gonna get plenty of action so start building a pot

NIX 05-04-2007 02:56 PM

Yeah, raise now. Folding out gutshots is good and several turns may kill your action. Also, if everyone is still in loose-peel-every-flop-mode, the flop is where you're gonna get a lot of value.

halpgr 05-04-2007 02:57 PM

5 way you're not quite strong enough to slow play. Raise the flop.

aK13 05-04-2007 04:16 PM

Q or another 9 severely owns your straight. Just pop it up.

fretelöo 05-04-2007 04:21 PM

Good. I did. Just checking. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]