Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   River value? vs nutty passive (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394962)

cbloom 05-03-2007 08:54 PM

River value? vs nutty passive

No Limit Hold'em Ring Game (6 max) , 6 players
Blinds : $1/$2

Stacks:
UTG : $195
MP : $209.10
CO : $197 (Hero)
Button : $224.80
SB : $214.70
BB : $397.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($18, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $14</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($46, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $35</font>, SB calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($116, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero ???

SB is SUPER SUPER PASSIVE. I think he could well check a flush three streets. He does call too much but not like insanely so.

Is this a value bet? Thoughts on his calling range that I beat.

benlj21 05-03-2007 08:59 PM

Re: River value? vs nutty passive

1/2 pot valuetown, I think he calls you with some worse kings (not too many) and probably any Jack. Fold to a raise obv. Stats would help.

RiverHebrew2 05-03-2007 08:59 PM

You can check back river or go for $45 it's up to u. It's about even EV either way. Check turn and bet river for $35 is MUCH much better.

benlj21 05-03-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can check back river or go for $45 it's up to u. It's about even EV either way. Check turn and bet river for $35 is MUCH much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, I quite like the turn bet. Villain's calling range is wide, which probably means lots of hands we have crushed.

bilbo-san 05-03-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, not against a loose passive. He's never c/ring the turn with stuff you beat, like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] + pair, and he's not calling the river with the lone A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] but he'll call the turn with it.

Kommisar_x 05-03-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that makes no sense. You get no value when you win and you lose the same amount when you´re beat.

cbloom 05-03-2007 09:25 PM

Yeah checking turn is very wrong in this case for many reasons. Against someone who could CR the turn with a wide range I might check behind but never against a loose passive.

Anyway - what calls river, KT, K9 is that it? That's not much considering he can have AK, KJ, 55, etc. etc.