Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   beat: have to quit smoking and chewing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394409)

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 07:41 AM

beat: have to quit smoking and chewing

i've chewed regularly for 7 years (i'm 22) and smoked when mainly i drink and smoke pot for about 4 years.

my brother in law bet me $1000 too quit both of them cold turkey.

1 week in and i'm holding strong.

smoker's and chewer's out there, what would it take you to quit these habits cold turkey?

i think i have the best of it in this bet.

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 07:42 AM

Re: beat: have to quit smoking and chewing

side note: we live 7 hours away, so he's gonna have to trust me. as barryg said, "a gambler's word is gold"

brad3 05-03-2007 07:44 AM

How long do you have to go for to get the money? Anything over a month and I think he will win but gl and all the best.

4drugmoney 05-03-2007 07:45 AM

I quit smoking 5 months ago after like 10 years. I just kept eating Icebreakers sours 24/7. I ate so many my mouth was like deteriorating. The first week is the hardest. I just did it for myself wish I had got 1000

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How long do you have to go for to get the money? Anything over a month and I think he will win but gl and all the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 year, but my thinking is the opposite. if i get past the first the month, i dont think i'm gonna have a problem.

for the first couple nights i couldn't sleep very well, so i got some nicorette gum which seemed to satisfy my nicotine need. the hardest part is gonna be chewing since i consider myself more addictive to chewing than smoking. i actually hate smoking when i'm sober.

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I quit smoking 5 months ago after like 10 years. I just kept eating Icebreakers sours 24/7. I ate so many my mouth was like deteriorating. The first week is the hardest. I just did it for myself wish I had got 1000

[/ QUOTE ]

my problem is i never had a reason to quit, such a girlfriend or kids or anything like that. personal health issues in the future is my biggest fear though

SuperSnort 05-03-2007 08:12 AM

are you quitting chewing tobacco or all kinds of chewing?

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
are you quitting chewing tobacco or all kinds of chewing?

[/ QUOTE ]

skoal, the actual "chew" never did it for me

Georgia Avenue 05-03-2007 09:58 AM

I quit smoking a month ago. Having a time limit (I can smoke one cigarette when I turn 40) helps. So does having like a mantra. Just think to yourself whenever you have the urge to do it "....." <---something, always the same thing...or say it. I say "Smoking isnt cute past 30, like a grown dog pissing on the carpet." Then I drink another 40.

--GA

88jayhawks 05-03-2007 10:15 AM

smoking becomes a habit when im drunk and im in college, so thats about 4 nights a week....