Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Life after college (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393410)

WichitaDM 05-02-2007 01:30 AM

Life after college

So i realize im not supposed to make this my blog, so ill try not to.

Im 4 months removed from graduating with a masters in econ. I have been looking for a job i guess somewhat unsuccesfully, i have had a few onsite interviews but for one reason or another none of them worked out. I have made a lot playing poker but that doesnt seem fulfulling anymore. As the days go by i guess i just feel myself sinking deeper and deeper into this directionless pit of despair. Its hard to explain really. I have no responsibilities really, i can do what i want when i want and have plenty of money, however i am becoming more and more unhappy by the day.

This has manifested itself thru withdrawing further and further from people thru not hanging out as much etc. I guess im not sure if this is normal (i mean the hard time finding a job not the emotional stuff) but i definately know i dont like it.

Im posting it because im sure some of you have been thru the same thing and would like you feedback on how to get out of the slump etc...

Zerander 05-02-2007 01:50 AM

Re: Life after college

get a fulfilling job and your be happier, get a girlfriend. thats life.

WichitaDM 05-02-2007 01:54 AM

I have a girlfriend, im trying to get a fulfilling job. That doesnt help me much.

daryn 05-02-2007 02:26 AM

it's gonna get worse

CalledDownLight 05-02-2007 02:29 AM

1. play poker
2. ???
3. profit

PokerAmateur4 05-02-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's gonna get worse

[/ QUOTE ]ahahaha

cardsharkk04 05-02-2007 02:34 AM

I'm gonna cry when I have to leave college

KUJustin 05-02-2007 02:57 AM

OP, change 4 months to 1 year 4 months and I'm in the same boat.

mbillie1 05-02-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a girlfriend, im trying to get a fulfilling job. That doesnt help me much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it dude. Honestly you will go through depressing times, etc in your life. I've been a drug addict, been arrested, had my life in the toilet. Recently I got evicted, failed out of college for the 3rd or 4th time (not even sure) and lo and behold I'm moving to San Diego in a couple of months, unfortunately this may mean the end my relationship but who knows? Life goes on man. Make sure you have enough money to live off of and keep looking for what floats your boat and eventually things will fall into place. It's all attitude. Read "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" and ride this strange torpedo to the end. Take an easy job and make the extra money playing poker and just figure out what interests you and makes you happy. Free time is worth more than anything else man.

kyleb 05-02-2007 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it's gonna get worse

[/ QUOTE ]

totally ruined