Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   3 unrelated stupid questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392982)

LonesomeFugitive 05-01-2007 03:06 PM

3 unrelated stupid questions

1. For those familiar with country music, what does "Ramblin" mean? this word is common in country songs but I don't know what it means in the context of these country songs. For example waylon jennings "im a ramblin man" to merle haggards "ramblin fever." What do they mean when they say they are ramblin men?
2. From what I read girls nowadays are wearing rings on their fingers to block nice guys from approaching them (making them think they are already commited). Does it mean a girl is married if she has a ring not on her marriage finger (the one on the left hand left to middle finger) but on the thumb? I saw a cute girl but she had one of those wedding bands/rings but it was on the thumb. Do married women do this or is she just using this to block? I wouldn't want to embarrass myself trying to talk to a girl that is already married. I see so many girls with rings on their fingers in my college classes and knowing most are in their early 20's, the odds conclude they must be blocking.
3. I heard that coffee raises blood pressure and can cause heart attacks/cancer. Is this true? have there been any studies proving this?

thanks for your answers.

AngusThermopyle 05-01-2007 03:11 PM

Re: 3 unrelated stupid questions

1. rambling –adjective
aimlessly wandering

2. Means she is hooked up with a ramblin man.

3. I pray to St Folger that it is not true.

Five-Star 05-01-2007 03:12 PM

1. w
2. t
3. f

samsonite2100 05-01-2007 03:13 PM

1) They're tempermentally prone to wandering a lot
2) Thumb rings don't mean anything
3) I don't know

LonesomeFugitive 05-01-2007 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. rambling –adjective
aimlessly wandering

2. Means she is hooked up with a ramblin man.

3. I pray to St Folger that it is not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
so a ring on the thumb definitely means that she is comitted to someone (but not yet married or married), or is it just another fashiong ring? since girls nowadays like wearing rings on their fingers for fashion but sometimes they make it hard for us guys to figure out if they are comitted or not.

Are you def sure coffee does not raise blood pressure?

RunDownHouse 05-01-2007 03:14 PM

You don't even have to rack your brain to come up with the search terms, since I did that for you too.

Patton4 05-01-2007 03:15 PM

NOS1NOS2?

Fast Food Knight 05-01-2007 03:15 PM

To the best of my knowledge, a ring on any finger other than the left ring finger means absolutely nothing regarding relationship or committment status.

RayPowers 05-01-2007 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To the best of my knowledge, a ring on any finger other than the left ring finger means absolutely nothing regarding relationship or committment status.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about a ring... you know... er... other places?

Ray

bwana devil 05-01-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in europe, a woman wears the ring on her left ring finger to indicate engagement. once married, the ring is on the right ring finger.