Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   QQ barf hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392237)

obi_wang 04-30-2007 06:00 PM

QQ barf hand

live $3/6

just sat down, only saw one hand of villain who just took down a pot with top pair, betting it solid. didnt seem like a FPS-type of guy, but not a real reliable read, either.

neways, a couple early position limpers, villain in late position raises, button calls, hero in bb 3-bets. 4 people to the flop.

Flop: K 8 3

I lead out, 2 callers.

Turn: 10 (no flush..)

I check, early position checks, villain bets... i look at him for a bit and just feel like he or early position really has a King and dont feel like paying two more bets to see it. I fold.

River: Q

check, check... villain had two 9s and scooped pot.

whats the correct line on this?

Chino987 04-30-2007 06:05 PM

Re: QQ barf hand

please dont post results.

dont use "reads" in limit hold em. they arent reliable enough to matter that much.

i also dont know how you can conclude that anyone has a K just because two people called the flop in very large pot.

in a pot this size, the correct line is to bet the whole way unless anyone shows resistance. if you get called down by a K and lose, oh well thats poker, but you'll be called down by a lot worse.

dont be afraid to bet a losing hand in a big pot. often you wont be losing anyway.

Niediam 04-30-2007 06:25 PM

I think using reads in limit hold'em is very important. I'm not talking about 'I should fold my overpair here because villian is shaking a bit so therefore he must have a set' but more like 'I have never seen this guy raise without atleast two pair... I guess my top pair on the river in this small pot isn't very good so i fold'.

OP: Bet turn. No reason to believe you are beat yet. If somebody raises then I would fold. I'd also tend to bet a blank river for value.

Chino987 04-30-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think using reads in limit hold'em is very important. I'm not talking about 'I should fold my overpair here because villian is shaking a bit so therefore he must have a set' but more like 'I have never seen this guy raise without atleast two pair... I guess my top pair on the river in this small pot isn't very good so i fold'.

OP: Bet turn. No reason to believe you are beat yet. If somebody raises then I would fold. I'd also tend to bet a blank river for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

what i meant was reads where you look at a guy, conclude hes strong because hes staring back at you or whatever, and fold

thanks for clarifying

ProfessorBen 04-30-2007 06:33 PM

B/F Turn.
Bet River.

obi_wang 04-30-2007 06:35 PM

sure. i think one of my leaks is not knowing when to utilize a b/f line, but i think i can see clearly that the turn on this hand is a good place for that. thanks for the advizzzzzzzzzz

James. 04-30-2007 11:13 PM

bet the turn!

SomthingOrOther 04-30-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
B/F Turn.
Bet River.

[/ QUOTE ]

um Totally standerd, no?

ChuckyB 05-01-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree

what i meant was reads where you look at a guy, conclude hes strong because hes staring back at you or whatever, and fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Tells are rampant at this level. However, Chino's original point had some merit. In the end, don't act on a tell unless you're sure it has meaning. The only exception I have to that rule is when a noobie raises and I see him breathing very, very hard.