Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   50NL: QQ....am I ahead of his range? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392155)

SirFelixCat 04-30-2007 04:28 PM

50NL: QQ....am I ahead of his range?

Villain is VERY AGGRO over 400+ hands (21/18/4.6 and is a sizeable loser over those many hands *5 BI's*).

I'd appreciate comments on all streets, up to and including the river. Comments to follow:

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $71.85</font>
BB: $100.50
UTG: $72.20
BTN: $21.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $4.50

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($13.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($33.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20

<font color="black">River:</font> ($73.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero ???</font>

Dude's been super aggro, so 3betting here is standard, although I loathe QQ. So he calls the 3bet, nothing shocking.
I make a good bet on the flop and he calls...hmmm ok.
Turn I decide to let him take over and see what he'll do. Ok, he bets 2/3 pot...Is he really calling preflop with AT or JT? Not with those stats. TT, KK and AA are possible, no? But I'm ahead a good bit here too no? So I call with the intention of maybe pushing a brick river, so that if he does have AA or KK, maybe I get him to lay it down?

But backdoor clubs got there...ugh...thoughts?

stonescar 04-30-2007 04:44 PM

Re: 50NL: QQ....am I ahead of his range?

He could be betting a JJ/99-77.
If he's super aggressive, you could just check call, to get value from his pockets, since I doubt he would call a sizable riverbet with them.

I don't think you can push him off a better hand, the way this was played, and against a thinking aggressive player I don't think a block bet is a good idea. Check and evaluate. Calling a riverbet would be based on feel/reads here.

orig!naL 04-30-2007 04:45 PM

I fold to turn bet here. I think AA is the lowest hand you can look him up with here. Given his aggression it's such a toss up - I don't think betting river is a huge leak, but against any tighter of an opponent it would be. I could be way off - I'd like to see what others say on this hand.

Ikaika 04-30-2007 05:04 PM

Your thought process is good. I'd disregard backdoor clubs for the most part, I doubt he's betting with AK on the turn for fear of getting c/rai and blown off his hand. I see him having 77-99 or JJ here; if he's as aggrotarded as the numbers suggest he's getting it in preflop with KK or AA.

I'd c/c a reasonable river bet here. This is played well I think.

0evg0 04-30-2007 05:06 PM

bet smaller on flop

everything else is super standard as long as you C/C river

darnold305 04-30-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet smaller on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain this a little further please? 10 seems pretty standard for me

0evg0 04-30-2007 05:36 PM

you want him to float you with AK/88

Chomp 04-30-2007 05:37 PM

What is this a good LAG villain doing against a viliant TAG hero on a flushed and boated board?

The way I've been running, pushing with 98dd and getting me to fold.

darnold305 04-30-2007 05:38 PM

exactly, do you think he calls 8 that much more than 10? I doubt it which is why I bet closer to pot for value. At least in the Microstakes where everyone is a calling station

docnuclear 04-30-2007 05:38 PM

I would bet/fold turn unless he's capable of bluff raising you in this situation, you might get a little less value from his pocket pairs lower than yours but you take the play away from him and you'll rarely fold a winner