Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Question for Seattle area players (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392009)

DanielC 04-30-2007 12:58 PM

Question for Seattle area players

I haven't been living in WA state for very long, and I'm thinking about giving Washington's weird 3-5 spread game a try. I'll search the archives for info, but in the meantime I have a couple of questions -

- I live almost the same distance from both the Muck and Tulalip - which game is better? Are they pretty much the same in terms of player quality, or does it just depend from day to day?

- How do hands tend to play out? What's an average pf raise, do people tend to make pot-size flop bets etc.? Will players put a lot of money in with mediocre hands?

I realize that the answers to these questions will depend a lot on the individual players in the game on the night, but if there are any generalizations to be made which might give me an idea of what to expect, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks a lot for any help.

WPISteve 04-30-2007 06:30 PM

Re: Question for Seattle area players

Welcome to Microsoft...err, I mean to the Seattle area.

I don't have a ton of experience but have been playing the 3/5 spread games a few times over the last few months and here is my analysis:

Muckleshoot's 3/5 NL game is a bit softer. The play is generally loose and not super aggressive. It depends on the table, but most of the time, people limp in and preflop raises are not nearly as often as they should be.

Preflop raises were usually a raise to $20-$30...a few people would stupidly min-raise to $10 but that basically ensured that everyone would call.

Slightly under pot sized flop bets were normal...sometimes the same as a preflop bet. I pretty much always would bet the pot or a bit under it on the flop if I was going to bet but it seemed like this was not the case for most of the players.

Yes...a decent amount will put in a lot of money with junky hands. You just need to figure out these people and separate them from the players who play pretty well.

The games are pretty soft and are good to play in. There is a big jump in the aggressiveness when you move from 3/5 to the 5/10 NL game (from what I have heard and watched). I have found the 3/5 to be a pretty good money maker and don't have much of a desire to go to 5/10 right now.

Again, this is over the last few months so I can't really give a long term diagnosis...but I'd suggest trying out the game.

- Steve

DanielC 04-30-2007 10:13 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply Steve. I'll give Muckleshoot a try.

For any others who may be wondering, there's some good info in
this thread
and this one
and also at ZPinhead's site

cpk 05-01-2007 12:52 AM

WPISteve--Can Muck spread more than 3 Class III's yet? Tulalip usually spreads up to 8.

[Not that it matters much...Muck is even farther away from me than Tulalip, so I'm not inclined to go there.]

bernie 05-01-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WPISteve--Can Muck spread more than 3 Class III's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Up to 5.

Not sure if they've decided 20-40 is a Class II or not.

b

govman6767 05-01-2007 03:24 AM

There is an old book on the market specifically designed for playing in low limit spread holdem games. It might help I own it but have not got around to reading it yet.