Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   KK on AA board 22$ NLTRN (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391923)

Vinetou 04-30-2007 09:57 AM

KK on AA board 22$ NLTRN

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button (t1435)
Hero (t1565)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, Button calls t150.

Flop: (t500) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t300</font>, Button calls t300.

Turn: (t1100) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1015 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t885 (All-In).

River: (t3000) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3000

How do you like my line here? I had crazy aggressive image of a guy who overplays his hand. He beated me in last match where I overplayed TPWK (I had JT the board was T and it was pretty clear he had me beat but I was steaming a little and I got broke). Here I decided to move in because he was likely to call me with pocket pair and since there are two aces on board, it is a low probability that he has an ace. Did I overplay this hand - should I just check turn?

Raiseren1 04-30-2007 10:01 AM

Re: KK on AA board 22$ NLTRN

I raise more preflop. 300-350. I do like your play though with your image. But how has he respected you. Has he been folding to your bets often? Or called too much?

Vinetou 04-30-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise more preflop. 300-350. I do like your play though with your image. But how has he respected you. Has he been folding to your bets often? Or called too much?

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't play back at me without cards, he folded a lot to my bets but I think it was because he didn't have anything. Also, i expect him to slowplay if he has an ace here because of my image. I expect him to play pocket pairs 77+ and an ace the same way. In earlier match where I got stacked, he limp called KK preflop.

dboy23 04-30-2007 02:57 PM

this is one of those situations where I think the villain will be able to play perfectly against you. He probably isn't calling the flop and turn much with something you beat.

I hate playing KK on these boards. What I usually do is make a smallish cbet, and then check and let them try to bluff me. This way I still lose if they have an ace since I can't get away from it, but I profit when they decide to rep the ace.

whaahhahahah 04-30-2007 04:10 PM

this situation isn't far off from tpwk. tpwk, you can account for two cards and are afraid he has the other one.

i feel like the turn is way ahead/way behind so you might as well check to induce a bluff.

also you'll still have one more street to fire a psb if you want to -- if he's paying you off on the turn with a middle pocket pair, he'll probably pay you off on the river.

Vinetou 05-01-2007 04:16 PM

I don't think he would try to bluff me if I check turn. He responded to my aggression with slowplaying, not by playing back at me. I also think he would not believe me that I have an ace here. So I might try to check and play smaller pot against him. If he has a pair, he will check behind, probably with an ace also, but he will also pay me off with a pocket pair if I push. So checking might be good if I want to play smaller pot. I will succeed in that probably because if he has an ace, he will probably check turn and make a small bet river or make a small bet two times. These are my reads. It is just a question if I want to play for my stack here and lose almost everything if he has an ace or do I prefer smaller pot.

ChicagoRy 05-01-2007 05:23 PM

If his calling range on a push is made up of that many hands that you beat compared to a few aces that beat you, why would this postflop line not be optimal?