Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Politics Boycott (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390038)

Kaj 04-27-2007 06:41 PM

Politics Boycott

Here's an idea ... all politics regulars who are sick of the way Jman202 acts as moderator simply boycott it for a week. Let the traffic and level of discussion show whether ACists, libertarians, and those with strong opinions counter to his own are of any value to this site. If the establishment is satisfied with a site without us who are clearly not wanted by Jman202, then so be it. If the forum sucks without these opinions heard, then let them remove Jman202.

Time to say HIM or US.

I realize many posters in ATF will say good riddance .. will be interesting to see how Politics does after the fact ...

tuq 04-27-2007 06:43 PM

Re: Politics Boycott

Kaj,

As a show of solidarity, I will not post in the Politics forum going forward!

[Phill] 04-27-2007 06:49 PM

Kaj,

Im curious how you think this will do anything? It isnt like Politics is a key part of this business.

Plus, who exactly judges it a 'sucess'? Because i 100% guarantee that anyone not partaking in this experiment would.

grando 04-27-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kaj,

As a show of not giving a [censored] about that mess of a forum, I will not post in the Politics forum going forward!

[/ QUOTE ]

TomCollins 04-27-2007 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an idea ... all politics regulars who are sick of the way Jman202 acts as moderator simply boycott it for a week. Let the traffic and level of discussion show whether ACists, libertarians, and those with strong opinions counter to his own are of any value to this site. If the establishment is satisfied with a site without us who are clearly not wanted by Jman202, then so be it. If the forum sucks without these opinions heard, then let them remove Jman202.

Time to say HIM or US.

I realize many posters in ATF will say good riddance .. will be interesting to see how Politics does after the fact ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, Jman is only the 3rd worst mod of the forum. Also, an ACist/libertarian free forum with less traffic is exactly what they want.

By-Tor 04-27-2007 07:46 PM

you realize that the admins would do back-flips if everyone just boycotted the politics forever right??

Kaj 04-27-2007 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you realize that the admins would do back-flips if everyone just boycotted the politics forever right??

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why would they offer a service they don't want you to use?

Kaj 04-27-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, an ACist/libertarian free forum with less traffic is exactly what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I say give it to them. Give them the lowest rated most boring forum on this site. If that's what the 2+2 powers that be want, then finally say "fine, have it" and reduce traffic.

edfurlong 04-27-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, an ACist/libertarian free forum with less traffic is exactly what they want.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I say give it to them. Give them the lowest rated most boring forum on this site. If that's what the 2+2 powers that be want, then finally say "fine, have it" and reduce traffic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! Maybe they could boycott ATF as well! FREEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!

By-Tor 04-27-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why would they offer a service they don't want you to use?

[/ QUOTE ]

because you guys are a pain in the ass?