Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mongoloid Bay Las Vegas (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389536)

JoseGonzlez 04-27-2007 12:29 AM

Mongoloid Bay Las Vegas

Visiting Vegas for the first time.
Hear Mongoloid Bay was a great place to hang out.
How is the poker room?

Photoc 04-27-2007 12:34 AM

Re: Mongoloid Bay Las Vegas

I'm assuming Mandalay Bay is what you mean. I personally have never cared for their nazi'ish type rules that they keep there. It seems they have a different sent for regulars and a set for tourists/visitors.

TonyLA 04-27-2007 01:11 AM

There are better poker room choices in Vegas than Manadalay, or Mongolian.. or whatever the hell you called it.

heelman247 04-27-2007 02:21 AM

MGM has a great room but Caesar's games seemed to have a lot more action.

jtollison78 04-27-2007 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming Mandalay Bay is what you mean. I personally have never cared for their nazi'ish type rules that they keep there. It seems they have a different sent for regulars and a set for tourists/visitors.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah, most locals give a knowing chuckle when you mention the Mandalay rulebook. That being said, I've heard that the policy has changed significantly in the last few months and that it is a much nicer place to play. I wouldn't know personally as I've barely played outside of the Rio this year, and not at all for the last month.

John

jtollison78 04-27-2007 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MGM has a great room but Caesar's games seemed to have a lot more action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second the MGM, best run room on the strip. If only they could get more action...

Al_Capone_Junior 04-27-2007 07:39 AM

A terrific hangout for nits and angle shooters, and those who like long lists. Well known for strictly enforcing idiotic rules like the "racetrack rule" but not informing tourists of this in advance (angle shooters heaven).

although the action can be good, the few times I played there I left early because management had successfully pissed me off once again.

Plenty of rooms in town why play somewhere you don't like.

Al

Repsychler 04-27-2007 10:08 AM

Racetrack rule?

StevieG 04-27-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Racetrack rule?

[/ QUOTE ]

The table has a marking called the "betting line". Chips that go across are bet. Angle shoots galore surround this - calling string raises based on what crossed the line, forcing players to commit to action based on what was in their hand, etc.

rafiki 04-27-2007 10:14 AM

ugh MGM was such low limits when we last went. has it changed ?