Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Anyone play on Carbon Poker? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388154)

LL2318 04-25-2007 03:07 PM

Anyone play on Carbon Poker?

Just wondering about your thoughts on that site

texman 07-16-2007 06:07 PM

Re: Anyone play on Carbon Poker?

i think it is great. smiley faces can be posted to put opponents on tilt. you can tag opponents with fish tags which appear by their name.
you can be alerted to people with certain tags when they get online to play
i was pleasantly surprised

SmokeyRidesAgain 07-16-2007 11:51 PM

I played on poker.com (original skin of carbon and same software I believe) when I started poker, mostly for the freerolls so I could build a roll. They have a lot of micro limit games that are fairly soft, but higher limits are pretty scarce and have a smaller player pool. The comp point freerolls are pretty good, but other than that comp points are pretty useless, I think I paid about 500$ in rake to get one deck of [censored] cards, that were half price in comps.

I'd recommend it for people just starting out or playing recreationally but if you're a regular player and want a wide game selection above the micros, and player rewards (or PT support) you might want to look somewhere else.

superpokermon 07-17-2007 02:38 AM

Great software (one of the best, actually), but pokertracker doesn't support it. I rarely play there because of the PT issue, and also my main game doesn't run all the time due to a small player base.

meleader2 07-17-2007 11:20 AM

multitabling is horrible. tabbed windows.

BigPoppa 07-17-2007 12:52 PM

The games are squishy soft, but (as stated) there isn't much action at medium limits or above. You don't have to play too much to qualify for their freerolls, which actually have a decent value.

Also, ummm, they bought me into the WSOP last year [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

superpokermon 07-17-2007 02:05 PM

I guess I haven't tried much multitabling due to the lack of games at the limit I play. I used to run 1 or 2 tables at Carbon poker while simultaneously multitabling at another site and never had any issues.

Self Made 07-17-2007 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
multitabling is horrible. tabbed windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. Tables open in multiple windows.

Oblomov 07-19-2007 04:44 PM

Carbon Poker is run by the people that own Poker.com, I think.

They started Carbon Poker when they decided to run Poker.com as a portal instead of as a poker room.

It's a decent place to play.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]