Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Dealer advises opponent. Whaddya do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=387945)

Guy McSucker 04-25-2007 08:37 AM

Dealer advises opponent. Whaddya do?

So I'm playing $15/30 at Bellagio and a huge pot comes up. Long story short, I have QQ and the board is J55T. It's the turn. I have check-raised this guy who I am pretty sure is holding JT - you should have seen him light up when the T fell. And the pot is gigantic because it was five bets seven ways preflop.

He is grabbing for more chips.

Dealer leans over and tells him that if I have an overpair then JT is no good.

I didn't react at the time - I was too busy worrying about the inevitable J, T, K or A river - but obviously I should have done something. What should I have done?

Guy.

steamboatin 04-25-2007 08:41 AM

Re: Dealer advises opponent. Whaddya do?

Raised holy hell, called the floor and never tip that a-hole again. A kick in the nuts isn't enough in this situation.

thesilkworm 04-25-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm playing $15/30 at Bellagio and a huge pot comes up. Long story short, I have QQ and the board is J55T. It's the turn. I have check-raised this guy who I am pretty sure is holding JT - you should have seen him light up when the T fell. And the pot is gigantic because it was five bets seven ways preflop.

I didn't react at the time - I was too busy worrying about the inevitable J, T, K or A river - but obviously I should have done something. What should I have done?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I have no advice for you because I rarely play live, but that is absolutely disgusting.

IWntErinNess 04-25-2007 08:45 AM

show no reaction until pot is over. then, after the hand, immediately call the floor. this would be grounds for firing imo.

magicratx 04-25-2007 08:50 AM

Yea i guess important to not lose control totally, play the hand out then calmly approach the floor and explain what just happened to them

Magisastar 04-25-2007 08:53 AM

I wouldnt make a scene really. No need to make yourself look like a knob, but yeah. The floor has to hear about this quick smart.

Mike Gallo 04-25-2007 09:17 AM

What should I have done?

Tell the dealer politely only one person to a hand.

If you won the pot, do not toke the dealer. Call the floor over and calmly explain what happened.

I would probably never tip this dealer again...ever.

nineinchal 04-25-2007 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

SHUT UP AND BET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sort out the dead bodies later.

27offsuit 04-25-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What should I have done?

Tell the dealer politely only one person to a hand.

If you won the pot, do not toke the dealer. Call the floor over and calmly explain what happened.

I would probably never tip this dealer again...ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is solid advice.

uclaben 04-25-2007 01:42 PM

Finish the hand, sit the next hand out and have a little conversation with the floor. No need to create a scene in front of the table.