Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Final Table at star poker million$ did i make a mistake (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386650)

chaim 04-23-2007 10:33 PM

Final Table at star poker million$ did i make a mistake

O.K. Guys I finaly made the final table last Sunday and 13million in chips and only four left.I had pocket A"s on the small bind they guy onthe button bet 2 million and i smooth called and he got a cheap flop holding 6, 7 I went all in hoping to bust him out and getting the chip lead of course he flopped 2 prs. so iwent out 4th with 56k.After thinkinit over should i have gone all in pre flop and play it safe and go for a deal??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

snakekilla88 04-23-2007 10:37 PM

Re: Final Table at star poker million$ did i make a mistake

wow, slowplayed and sucked out on

Sherman 04-23-2007 10:37 PM

Re: Final Table at party poker million$ did i make a mistake

This is a really bad post...but not just because it is a bad beat.

You didn't include any pertinent information. Like the blinds. His stack size. Reads. How many were left (although it looks like 4), etc.

Re-post with those and you can get better answers.

It sounds like you tried to trap and it didn't work out. Oh well, that stuff happens. You could second guess yourself all day long, but had it worked out you'd be telling yourself how brilliant it was.

FWIW, depending on reads, shoving PF with AA can be very profitable if villain's think you might be re-stealing light.

Congratulations anyway. 4th place for 56K is a pretty huge score.

betgo 04-23-2007 10:43 PM

You don't supply all the information, but flat call seems OK. You just had bad luck. I would probably just push preflop, as you win a substantial pot if villain folds and you don't know he has 76, so he may call.

Pushing preflop here or making a deal are safer, but I would just appreciate my big cash and not worry about it. Accidents happen all the time in this game.

JoseGonzlez 04-23-2007 10:46 PM

its pretty read and situational dependant. so reads, stack sizes, and blinds are pretty important.

people might say slow play here was bad but if the guy was raising any two here he is probably not calling a reraise. so possibly the only way to play a big pot was to let him see a flop.

also why go all in first to act? seems like a big overbet?
if you are going to overbet the pot (making his calling range pretty narrow, you should have just gone all in to beging with.

i would guess if you are going to slow play you should either check to him and hope he bets or lead out normal size to give him a chance to make a play or assume he has fold equity.

4th in this tourney though is great. but yeah would be great to know stack sizes and blinds. i guess like you say if all 4 stacks are fairly even its pretty likely a deal will happen soon.

Cornell Fiji 04-23-2007 11:01 PM

I shove pf but I would pretty much always have an aggressive image at that point so my shove would get called light often

Bakes 04-23-2007 11:12 PM

if the raise was for 2 mil of your 13 mil stack, i'd def say slowplay is fine there assuming it doesn't conflict with your image (it would look right suspicious from me)