Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   You'll die in 6 hours (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383964)

sirio11 04-20-2007 05:09 PM

You\'ll die in 6 hours

With all my experience in life; it looks to me that everybody lives like they will never die; in practice, everybody thinks is immortal. When you think about death, you think about it like something that is going to happen in a very distant future. But what about if you know you're dying today.

Suppose you know you will die in 6 hours (In order to make the experiment interesting you really need to imagine it, picture it, you're dying !!). What would you do? How will you spend those last 6 hours? and why?

john voight 04-20-2007 05:26 PM

Re: You\'ll die in 6 hours

spend 30 minutes gambling as high/crazy as i can while my friends watch.

spend 5.5 hours w/ my family doing whatever families do.

Not much else to do really b/c 6 hours is so little time.

benpoker12 04-20-2007 05:30 PM

I've thought about this before and i think it's an interesting topic. I think i would care more about the persons i will leave behind, friends/family etc.

I think i would tell them the things you should tell them either way but often don't. How you feel about them and how you love them. And i would try to make sure that i'm ok with it and they should try to live on as normal as possible.

El Diablo 04-20-2007 05:32 PM

sirio,

My first reaction to this was that I'd want to spend all of it with family.

My second reaction to this was that I'd want to spend some time with friends and family enjoying a nice meal.

My third reaction was I'd spend a good chunk of the time compiling account information of various places I have money/assets, wow what a depressing use of my last time!

I'll have to give this some real thought and come back to it.

AZK 04-20-2007 05:35 PM

Get everything in order (finances, will, whatever) and sign it over to my brother. If he and my parents were in town I'd go home for dinner, or the nicest restaurant I could find and we'd sit there and eat, drink and be merry.

If they weren't around I'd find the person I enjoy the most and probably spend the remaining time with them. Probably find a nice place to watch the sunset (it's 530PM here) and kinda just relax.

I suppose I'm not being objective enough, since I haven't included freaking out. But if you are dying in 6hours freaking out is just a waste of time anyway.

good2cu 04-20-2007 05:37 PM

My initial thoughts to what I’d do make me realize what a hendist/degenerate I have become.

suzzer99 04-20-2007 05:39 PM

All I know is I have enough hot female friends in LA that there would be some sort of sympathy threesome in there somewhere.

Max Raker 04-20-2007 05:48 PM

Re: You\'ll die in 6 hours *DELETED*

Post deleted by El Diablo

DeezNuts 04-20-2007 05:50 PM

Family/friends = 4 hrs.
Heroin = 2 hrs.

rwesty 04-20-2007 06:00 PM

Ideally when I found out I only had 6 hours to live I would be at a point in my life where the only thing I felt I needed to do would be to have a goodbye dinner with family/friends.