Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Optimum W$CF (won $ when called flop) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383506)

Silent A 04-20-2007 02:19 AM

Optimum W$CF (won $ when called flop)

I've been wondering for a while about this statistic because it seems to lend itself to relatively simple analysis in PLO.

In theory, since you're almost always getting at least 2:1 you'd think that the optimum value for this stat should be somewhere under 33%, perhaps as low as 25% or less.

However, in my data base, it's exceedingly rare to see numbers anywhere near this. In fact, mine is quite a bit above this and it makes me think that I should be calling a lot more than I am. In paricular, I'm thinking about those situations where a scare card hits on the turn after you've been pumping up the pot with the nuts. But I suppose there's also all those situations where someone beats at an orphan pot and you fold bottom 2 pair, or TPTK.

Any thoughts on this?

I should also add that this seems like a useful stat to exploit from your opponents, i.e. bluff the daylights out of players with numbers over 50% when scare cards hit.

Haagen 04-20-2007 02:35 AM

Re: Optimum W$CF (won $ when called flop)

what is your specific question? give me a clear example. at first it seems like you're talking about a set v. flush draw but then you start talking about TpTk ... like give us all a clear example of a situation that seems like it's a 60/4o that you feel comes out being a 40/60 online

Silent A 04-20-2007 03:38 AM

Oh, crap.

This was supposed to be on the River.

Can someone edit the title please? To: Optimum W$CR (won $ when called river)

Elrazor 04-20-2007 05:08 AM

i cant find this stat on my PT so cant help!

Troll_Inc 04-20-2007 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In fact, mine is quite a bit above this and it makes me think that I should be calling a lot more than I am. In paricular, I'm thinking about those situations where a scare card hits on the turn after you've been pumping up the pot with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ciaffone says as much about if you have a strong interest in a pot, you should not automatically give up if a scare card comes.

But as Haagen is saying, you really have to consider some specific situations.

I think if you are playing deepstacks and are OOP, if you 100% fire away when scare card hits you can be exploited.

Conversely, there are certainly plenty of opponents and situations where you should fire away.

Knowing the right % of time to do stuff is really the trick isn't it. Can anyone point me to articles online that deal with this so I can read further? BigDave, is this the kind of stuff you write about in Euro-Cardplayer? I know a Master Chef who will tell anyone the ingredients to his meals, but never the proportions.

CrushinFelt 04-20-2007 09:11 AM

Referring to topic: I'm usually around 30-35% for win % when flop is seen

Referring to what topic was supposed to be: I think I've been around 54% for a long time.

liquid 04-20-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In theory, since you're almost always getting at least 2:1 you'd think that the optimum value for this stat should be somewhere under 33%, perhaps as low as 25% or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you need to weight this number to account for the percentage of time you are on a busted draw?