Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   My First Horrible Beat (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382332)

McGrain 04-18-2007 08:22 PM

My First Horrible Beat

I've had bad beats before but this is different. 2nd in chips i'm to the left of the chip leader and i'm 8 hands old at the table. I've been robbing her for chips. I raise up with two nines and chase everyone out except her. She calls. Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. She goes all in and I call. She has ace and 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and hits two clubs to send me out. The reason it was so horrible is that i was the fourth last to get KO'd before the final table - which would have been my first.

I feel a little shell shocked and don't want to play - any tips for putting a horrible beat behind you?

Kal With A K 04-18-2007 09:50 PM

Re: My First Horrible Beat

Get over it, really.

I got AA once, and I bet $2 pre-flop. Flop comes up A69, and some guy pushes all in for $4. I call, and he shows A9. I have him beat with AA, and the turn comes 9. Aces full beats 9s full. But you can guess how unhappy I was when the river turned another 9, giving him four of a kind.

McGrain 04-18-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get over it, really.

I got AA once, and I bet $2 pre-flop. Flop comes up A69, and some guy pushes all in for $4. I call, and he shows A9. I have him beat with AA, and the turn comes 9. Aces full beats 9s full. But you can guess how unhappy I was when the river turned another 9, giving him four of a kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a horrible story.

PokerGolfFiend 04-19-2007 12:28 AM

is this a real thread?

Pov 04-19-2007 12:42 AM

It may not seem like much consolation, but your opponent is entitled to win this pot just slightly over 4% of the time, or more than once in 25 tries. Pretty low, yes, but it happens. And it will happen to you again (and worse) if you continue to play poker.

pokerloser10056 04-19-2007 01:03 AM

Bad beats are part of the game. The problem is not letting this type of thing put you on tilt. To make money at this game you need the suck out players even if they take your stack from time to time.

riverruss 04-19-2007 05:34 AM

BAN

Kal With A K 04-19-2007 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That's a horrible story.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is yours any better?

McGrain 04-19-2007 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That's a horrible story.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is yours any better?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have said it was worse...

Poker Plan 04-19-2007 08:18 AM

BBV is calling. Get over there quick....