Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   How's this? AK, $200NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382175)

schlucky1 04-18-2007 05:21 PM

How\'s this? AK, $200NL

Villain is a pretty solid 22/16 after 255 hands. I haven't seen him get out of line and I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's 3-bet me. I'm running pretty tight @ 15/12 overall, but I've been opening up a lot the last few orbits and other players at the table have started to play back some. How does this look?

$1/2 blinds

Villain: $155
Hero: $279

Dealt to Hero: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PF: Fold to Hero on Button who raises to $7, SB reraises to $23, BB folds, Hero calls $16

Flop ($48): 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB bets $27, Hero raises to $69

carnivalhobo 04-18-2007 05:24 PM

Re: How\'s this? AK, $200NL

id rather get it in preflop

schlucky1 04-18-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id rather get it in preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

So just give it the shovo pf? I would do this sometimes, but I wasn't really feeling it here. I thought there might be more value in spiking an A and stacking his AJ or AQ. Although, given the fact that I've raised his blinds the last 4 orbits, he's probably getting frustrated enough to call a pf shove with a range that I crush. Meh

OMGTILTING 04-18-2007 05:42 PM

I think calling is fine, since its the first time he 3-bets you.
I would also fold the flop when i miss. You have no info what so ever that he 3-bets you light.

schlucky1 04-18-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also fold the flop when i miss. You have no info what so ever that he 3-bets you light.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about the size of his flop bet? Looked pretty weak to me.

OMGTILTING 04-18-2007 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats a weak bet. I often bet around half the pot in reraised pot wheter i hit or not.

The thing about this hand is, why do you want to bluff in a reraised pot when you dont have any reads on your opponent. Save that for the times you do have a read.

Fousekis 04-18-2007 05:56 PM

Is he such a weak player that will bet weak into a re-raised pot when he does not have a hand?

If anything, your raise looks weak. If you had a set (which is what you are representing here) you would probably raise x3 his bet. I find that unless I have set a trap before and shown down a strong hand by raising weak, this kind of raise won't shake many hands off.

schlucky1 04-18-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think thats a weak bet. I often bet around half the pot in reraised pot wheter i hit or not.

The thing about this hand is, why do you want to bluff in a reraised pot when you dont have any reads on your opponent. Save that for the times you do have a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if I had seen him insta-bet pot on flop after reraising another player?

Fousekis 04-18-2007 06:15 PM

He doesn't re-raise much you say, but you have been raising a lot. I guess he could have an unmade hand such as AQ, but everything else he would re-raise you with will probably call your raise. If you wanted to shake him off a small overpair you would have to re-raise higher I think.

Flintoff 04-18-2007 06:21 PM

Very standard situation. I like your preflop line here in position. Keep the pot small till you hit.

Alternatively its all in. I dont like playing large pots with overcards.

As played I insta-call flop and fold turn unimproved. The flop raise could be used against him if he's been getting out of line but if that were the case I would just push preflop.