Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   100nl JJ oop against unkown deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381996)

kaz2107 04-18-2007 01:17 PM

100nl JJ oop against unkown deep

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $177
Hero: $272.67
CO: $174.10
Button: $228.20
SB: $100
BB: $141

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $8</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $27</font>, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($55.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $31</font>, CO calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($117.5, 2 players)
Hero ????

Reads and thoughts...
Next to nothing on villian except he bought in for like 160 bucks like 4 hands ago. other then that there isnt much. Tha pot is pretty big and i have an over pair against a likely donk (i sorta assume this due to him buyin for a weird amount and that i havent seem him bfore and unkowns at abso r typically tha donks)

do u like tha 4 bet given we r deep and im oop?!?!?! wut r ur thoughts on EVERYTHING about this.

rakes.a.beach 04-18-2007 01:25 PM

Re: 100nl JJ oop against unkown deep

I think I want a cheap showdown at this point. Check/fold seems okay to me. I don't think villian will fire a big bullet with AK/AQ.

BTW, this is absolute right? If yes, you can give me villian's name, and I can provide you with more info.

slickss 04-18-2007 01:30 PM

Without stats it's difficult to say how much of a donk the villain is. If he isn't too bad, he isn't doing this with anything other than AK or a pocket pair, IMHO.

TT got there on the turn, so I'm not sure what you think you're beating..? Typically I would bet a lot more on the flop, close to $50, to get even more info off him. If he calls that, I'm definitely checking and hoping for a cheap showdown.

kaz2107 04-18-2007 01:30 PM

villian is "ODIE1CONOBEE" but as i said i had never seen him and doubt he plays much

GtrHtr 04-18-2007 02:34 PM

with no reads take a line that gets you to showdown cheaply.

so at least c/c reasonable turn, c/f river but I'm betting river goes check check unless he is a master at value betting or unless he's crushing you.

I'm not a huge fan of your play pf although his donk minraise would annoy me. Without a read, I wouldn't 4 bet with JJ much vs an unknown.

Margin Of Error 04-18-2007 03:19 PM

You have got to have a read on villian as UBER donk before I'm 4 betting JJ OOP, especially deep, are you crazy? You really think villian is going to showdown AK here?

As played I'm C/Fing turn/river. You really cant beat anything on this board.

kaz2107 04-18-2007 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so at least c/c reasonable turn, c/f river but I'm betting river goes check check unless he is a master at value betting or unless he's crushing you.

I'm not a huge fan of your play pf although his donk minraise would annoy me. Without a read, I wouldn't 4 bet with JJ much vs an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]
wut kind of hands and in wut situations r people 4 betting in deep games like this then besides the obv AA and KK?!?!!?

GtrHtr 04-18-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
wut kind of hands and in wut situations r people 4 betting in deep games like this then besides the obv AA and KK?!?!!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaz,

You do it with a read. Villain 28/24 = 4 bet, if he's 17/13 don't. As you don't have a read, its bad bidness to 4 bet IMO.

kaz2107 04-18-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kaz,

You do it with a read. Villain 28/24 = 4 bet, if he's 17/13 don't. As you don't have a read, its bad bidness to 4 bet IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
good deal appreciate it

fees 04-18-2007 08:18 PM

if you dont mind variance bet again and fold to raise, if you mind variance c.c