Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Grade the killer's plays. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381482)

candyman718 04-17-2007 10:27 PM

Grade the killer\'s plays.

You are the professor of a Playwriting class at Virginia Tech. Let's assume a 100 level course. A student submits the following 2 plays.

web page

What do you give him as a grade?

1- Average the 2 plays.
2- Assume there are no guidelines for the students other other than to submit any play.
3- Disregard that the author is a mass murderer.

guids 04-17-2007 10:29 PM

Re: Grade the killer\'s plays.

I think this is teh type of stuff KKF was getting at when almost everyone of you called him a troll.

kyro 04-17-2007 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is teh type of stuff KKF was getting at when almost everyone of you called him a troll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post. (No, seriously. You hit the nail on the head.)

candyman718 04-17-2007 10:32 PM

I don't mean to offend. I am just stunned by the level of this maniac's writing. He is an ENGLISH MAJOR at a University. I want to know what everyone thinks of his writing. Is the student who submitted his plays to the media a troll too?

T-God 04-17-2007 11:10 PM

These are comically bad at times, but it's interesting to read what this guy wrote. The guy clearly has problems with authority and father figures. There's also a common theme of not having a place where he feels safe. In one, the main character's home life is insanely [censored] up and in the other the kids are talking about how everywhere they go they are harrassed by their teacher. Then of course there are themes of paedophilia in both. Crazy stuff.

As for the quality, the grammar is hella bad and the dialogue is riduculous and unrealistic. That said, I don't think they are terrible. I think he has a [censored] up mind (obv) that works differently than most peoples, so to see what he produces as art is kinda neat.

Seperate note: Video games were brought up within hours, how long til GnR gets blamed?

samsonite2100 04-17-2007 11:22 PM

F+

Off topic, but over/under on how long it takes before there's a shi**y punk band called "Richard McBeef."

Vyse 04-17-2007 11:28 PM

Humorous. Not that bad a writer, actually.

Rushmore 04-17-2007 11:39 PM

Sorry, I hate to disagree with what some are saying, but...

it is a sorry state of affairs when a senior English Major can write this sort of dreck and not be flunked out of school immediately. These plays are horrifically awful from every conceivable perspective.

stormstarter28 04-18-2007 01:56 AM

"Mr. Hui, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent paper were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational piece of literature. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Hoya 04-18-2007 01:58 AM

I'd give Richard McBeef an F. Just flat out horrible.

Mr. Brownstone, on the other hand, had some inspired momemnts - especially on page 5. D+.