Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bostonians.....what to do in Boston? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380667)

phiphika1453 04-17-2007 04:19 AM

Bostonians.....what to do in Boston?

I will be going to Boston the beginning of May for business. I will have 2.5 days of downtime while there.

What are the things I should go see while there?
Any good restaurants I should visit?
Is it pretty easy to buy a ticket outside of Fenway for that day's game?

I will be staying in Woburn, so anything that doesn't take over an hour to get to would be preferable.

dcb777 04-17-2007 04:34 AM

Re: Bostonians.....what to do in Boston?

you should hang out with the rest of us. maybe we could plan a 2plus two get together.

Howard Beale 04-17-2007 10:10 AM

I get to visit my sister in Boston every couple of years and I love the the Aquarium.

Plus: Legal Seafood (many locations) is deservingly popular.

doubLe a tom 04-17-2007 10:18 AM

The Aquarium is ok, but the Museum of Science pwns it, and the Mugar Omni is so sick. Go catch whatever movie they have playin there.

For a good bar, try The Liquor Store.

XXXNoahXXX 04-17-2007 10:25 AM

Getting a Sox ticket won't be a problem if you're willing to pay for it.

If you're bored the Museum of Fine Arts is free on Wed. nights and the Institute of Contemp. Art is free on Thu. nights.

GO to a bah and get wicked retahded.

TheEck 04-17-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not as easy as it has been in the past. It seems this season the Boston PD has made an effort to crack down on scalpers outside the park and by the Kenmore T stop. I was at Dice-K's first Fenway start and figured there'd be some brisk ticket selling going on, but there was none to be seen.
With that in mind if you want guaranteed tickets I suggest going through a ticket agency.

TheDudeAbides 04-17-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I get to visit my sister in Boston every couple of years and I love the the Aquarium.

Plus: Legal Seafood (many locations) is deservingly popular.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Boston Aquarium is awesome.

doubLe a tom 04-17-2007 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not as easy as it has been in the past. It seems this season the Boston PD has made an effort to crack down on scalpers outside the park and by the Kenmore T stop. I was at Dice-K's first Fenway start and figured there'd be some brisk ticket selling going on, but there was none to be seen.
With that in mind if you want guaranteed tickets I suggest going through a ticket agency.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you arent a complete retard, you'll be able to score a ticket pretty easily.

daryn 04-17-2007 10:33 AM

yeah woburn baby!

TheEck 04-17-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the things I should go see while there?
Any good restaurants I should visit?
I will be staying in Woburn, so anything that doesn't take over an hour to get to would be preferable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to far from Woburn is Salem, which is really nice in May. Makes for a nice day trip ... a good restaurant there is The Grapevine.

There are lot's of good restaurants in Boston, depending on your tastes. Some of my faves are the Oak Room at the Fairmont-Copley for steak, Mistral in the South End for more continental fare. Eastern Standard is at Kenmore Square, right outside Fenway Park, and is fairly new but been getting good reviews. In the Back Bay there is Casa Romero for some upscale Mexican. Dali in Someville is very good for tapas. Atasca in Kendall Square in Cambridge has some nice Portuguese fare.
The Boston area has lots of good, diverse restaurants. Have fun!