Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Chinese Poker Hand at The Wynn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380505)

karpov 04-16-2007 11:36 PM

Chinese Poker Hand at The Wynn

$150 the point. 2-7 in the middle. How do you play this hand? AAKQQJT866532

A:AKQJT 86532 AQ6
B:AAJT6 86532 QQK

PokerJans 04-17-2007 01:37 AM

Re: Chinese Poker Hand at The Wynn

How many players?

HU I would go with A all day and all night.

3 or 4 handed and I would go with B.

I would be interested to what others have to say because I am just going off of feel. And I have probably only played like 10 hours of chinese so my feel probably isnt so great.

phiphika1453 04-18-2007 04:34 AM

I feel the same as Jans.

quickfetus 04-18-2007 04:59 AM

I guess I am missing something? The second option (queens in the front) scores solidly higher according to basic strategy, so I'd do that. Does playing 2-7 in the middle completely change the basic strategy for the front and back hands?

Quickfetus

Also: Is there some funny business here due to the expectation function in Chinese being non-linear? I feel like I must be missing something.

quickfetus 04-23-2007 09:31 PM

Bump. I'm very curious as to whether or not there is a simple answer to my question.

Grasshopp3r 04-25-2007 07:08 PM

I would go with B all day. Your str8 is marginal in back and your middle 2-7 needs to have another hand to win 2 out of 3. A pair of queens in front is a relatively strong front.

PokerJans 04-26-2007 01:12 PM

My general reasoning is this...

The first hand has a realistic chance to sweep playing HU - so in general it has much more value against one opponent IMO.

The second have is almost a lock for 2 points but has no chance at a sweep because of the naked AA. Multi-way however I would imagine an 86 and QQ are extremely strong so you will certainly win two puntos from each player.

donger 04-30-2007 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My general reasoning is this...

The first hand has a realistic chance to sweep playing HU - so in general it has much more value against one opponent IMO.

The second have is almost a lock for 2 points but has no chance at a sweep because of the naked AA. Multi-way however I would imagine an 86 and QQ are extremely strong so you will certainly win two puntos from each player.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a multiplayer game, aren't you just simultaneously playing HU vs several different people?

Grasshopp3r 04-30-2007 12:05 PM

Yes, you are always playing HU vs. everyone else. I have not played enough CP to have a great feel for these hands, but they are good questions. I would try to lock up 2 points more than sweep.

Nsight7 04-30-2007 12:55 PM

I would never go with A no matter what. I think the odds of sweeping are overstated and if you don't sweet, you might lose points. B is the way.