Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Olbermann to work football pre-game show for NBC (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380071)

TheNoodleMan 04-16-2007 02:52 PM

Olbermann to work football pre-game show for NBC

[ QUOTE ]
NEW YORK (AP) -- Keith Olbermann will return to sports for the first time in six years to join Cris Collinsworth as co-host of the pregame show for NBC's Sunday night NFL telecasts.

Olbermann, who currently hosts a prime-time newscast and opinion show called "Countdown with Keith Olbermann" on MSNBC, will join with host Bob Costas and analysts Jerome Bettis, Tiki Barber and Peter King on NBC's "Football Night in America."

An anchor for ESPN's SportsCenter from 1992-97, Olbermann last appeared on network television in 2001 as host of postseason baseball coverage for FOX.

His job on the NBC show will be to narrate highlights and discuss NFL news and issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back to his roots. This could be promising.

ThaSaltCracka 04-16-2007 02:55 PM

Re: Olbermann to work football pre-game show for NBC

At first I thought it was a pregame show consisting of just Olberman and Collinsworth. That would be great, but of course I was being naive. I should have known the rest of those [censored] were going to be there as well.

Jack of Arcades 04-16-2007 02:56 PM

Olbermann can be kinda iffy on sports, like he thinks it's a huge shame that Gil Hodges isn't in the HOF.

JackWhite 04-16-2007 02:58 PM

I just hope he will keep his political commentary out of the broadcasts. But knowing Keith, I think that would be impossible. I am sure he will sneak it in whenever possible.

Jack of Arcades 04-16-2007 03:00 PM

Well, I haven't heard him on the Dan Patrick radio show, does he inject politics there?

TheNoodleMan 04-16-2007 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope he will keep his political commentary out of the broadcasts. But knowing Keith, I think that would be impossible. I am sure he will sneak it in whenever possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are pretty foolish.

You didn't hear him making political comments on SC, or during his dugout/sideline reports during baseball post-season games, did you?

RacersEdge 04-16-2007 03:03 PM

Oh no. I wish he would just keep his pompous ass in the news so I could ignore him easier.

Jack of Arcades 04-16-2007 03:04 PM

RacersEdge: Are you wrong about... everything?

RacersEdge 04-16-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RacersEdge: Are you wrong about... everything?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just don't take the time to explain things to you - like the NY Times sports section vs. ESPN, etc.

Jack of Arcades 04-16-2007 03:08 PM

Explain to me why footballs should be dead on a fumble again? Thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]