Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   I hate folding and calling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=378137)

chezlaw 04-13-2007 10:52 PM

I hate folding and calling

After condemnation of my last call getting 10:1, what about here getting 12:1?

second hand at table. Villian and star attraction is the BB who is 70/10 after 70hands

Unknown raises, good button calls, I raise J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], BB caps, all call.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets, all call

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check BB bets, I'm the only caller

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB bets

How often am I good here?

Ta

ChexNFX 04-13-2007 10:52 PM

Re: I hate folding and calling

Very rarely.

PokerSparky 04-13-2007 10:56 PM

If you folded the river, I like the hand.

jt1 04-13-2007 11:10 PM

I like it

jstill 04-14-2007 01:17 AM

change the player description and it certainly becomes easier. What do u think his capping range is? KQ KJ and QJs got there AA AK AQ AJs and TT all have u beat and likely bet so that only leaves underpairs to the T. Theres a decent chance he mite cap and bet those hands into 3 people on this flop since as the pfcapper? but its also a small part of his range and then when he bets it again on the turn (with a redraw or no) into 3 people thats a huge spew, is he definitely capable of that? either way its a smallish portion of his capping range (we ll say 24 combos 99 88 66 55, probably generous) and we have to discount those by atleast a bit when he bets the turn oop on the flush card into 3 people when hes oop to two and has little chance of buying a free showdown. So the question is just are those worse hands of his liable enough to play this way on occasion so they comprise over 1/12th of his range when he bets the river again here in position HU? Im inclined to think no.

This hand could be pretty interesting I think if the river was a blank it becomes harder, but as the player becomes more reasonable its a much easier decision particularly on this river.

Oink 04-14-2007 08:04 AM

Stop giving unreasonable players credit for capping reasonable hands.

The K sucks and I am not saying that you should call. But it can never be an "easy" fold against this guy.

I prolly end up calling. The pot is big and villain is an idiot.

TheWunderkind 04-14-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This hand could be pretty interesting I think if the river was a blank it becomes harder, but as the player becomes more reasonable its a much easier decision particularly on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

if t6he guy was reasonable i woudl on the Flop [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

id pay him off here and i dont really mind vs this guy if i have no postflop reads. The K may hit him but i still call because its more liklely he caps with Ax or a pp then Kx so if you called till the River with an A on the board then you should pay him off here.

Gurravasa 04-14-2007 10:05 AM

I fold this hand without hesitating on the flop. Against 3 opponents who payed 4SB preflop and payed 1SB on the flop with an ace on the board we're probably behind, and we don't have odds to draw. As played we call river even if the king sucks, but as said before the pot is big and villain is an idiot.

chezlaw 04-14-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold this hand without hesitating on the flop. Against 3 opponents who payed 4SB preflop and payed 1SB on the flop with an ace on the board we're probably behind, and we don't have odds to draw. As played we call river even if the king sucks, but as said before the pot is big and villain is an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't fold flop, I'm getting 19:1 closing the action plus fantastic implied odds.

chez

Gurravasa 04-14-2007 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't fold flop, I'm getting 19:1 closing the action plus fantastic implied odds.

chez

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the implied odds is as good as it may seem since any J could complete a straight if someone has KQ. The combined possibilities that your set is no good if you catch a jack are to big to make this call profitable. Its a pity to fold a nice starting hand, but given the action and the board you should realize that you should give up this hand asap and concentrate on the next.