Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Interesting hand against my new arch nemesis (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377804)

TheWorstPlayer 04-13-2007 02:03 PM

Interesting hand against my new arch nemesis

Main villain is dariominieri or whatever. I'm sure he's a lot of people's arch nemesis bec he plays like 35/30 or something preflop which gets him into tangles with everybody.

But we've been going at it pretty hard today for like an hour or two and have played several big pots. I stacked him when I reraised KQ and called his push on a river K to beat his flopped mid pair. Then he stacked me when he flopped trips after calling a reraise with 67s against my overpair. Then I stacked him when I flopped a straight against his set. So now we're onto this hand.

I was definitely going to push a blank river. I don't know what I would have done if he had pushed a blank river. I was probably folding if he pushed a scary river. What do I do on THIS river? I don't want to value stack myself, but I also don't want to leave a lot of value on the table. So do I bet or not?

(P.S. I know everyone bets the flop every time. I don't. Get over it.)

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $1000
UTG+1: $3087.75
TWP: $1040
Button: $2353.65
SB: $1117
BB: $2670

Pre-flop: (6 players) TWP is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $40</font>, UTG+1 folds, TWP calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($130, 3 players)
SB checks, UTG checks, TWP checks.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($130, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $110</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">TWP raises to $350</font>, SB calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($830, 2 players)
SB checks, TWP...?

MasterLJ 04-13-2007 02:05 PM

Re: Interesting hand against my new arch nemesis

OK, I'm over not betting flop. I just can't see betting the river against a tricky opponent as being profitable. I check behind.

True 04-13-2007 02:15 PM

not betting the flop is really really bad.

seems like a check, betting can either be marginal or very bad. Checking can either be marginal or very good....

Eagles 04-13-2007 02:17 PM

Why no flop bet?
I shove the river.

jj12 04-13-2007 02:20 PM

check because a 9 is oesd and he could be thinking you are bluffing and c/c with the str8.

TheWorstPlayer 04-13-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why no flop bet?
I shove the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because I wanted to get into the precise situation I got into where he would never put me on a set so I could bust up a small flush if I boated up or two pair if I didn't.

And why do you shove? Aren't you afraid that he's going to c/c a better but non-nut hand like a straight or a small flush? If he felt he were good on the turn, wouldn't he have pushed there?

xker17x 04-13-2007 02:30 PM

any reasonable bet ur making committs u to calling a CR shove if hes as tricky as is being said then just check behind if u think hes just looking to make a hero call either value bet ~450 or just value shove and sigh if he has a nine

RiverHebrew2 04-13-2007 02:34 PM

I hate flop check behind. If i were u, i would bet and be happy to get c/rai by like KcQx or AK with K of clubs. I would actually check behind river b/c I KQ got there or JJ, and since he's laggy 79s is very possible. He MIGHT have AJ, but I still think that best the flop. Check is good, though it sounds kinda crazy. Personally, I think if you shove, it's ALMOST a bluff, b/c it looks like ur against a straight or JJJ.

WiltOnTilt 04-13-2007 02:41 PM

shove, get called by 2pair, ship the euros

holla

edit: just for reference i played against this guy a ton yesterday and was pounding on him with 3bets and raising his cbets a ton. if you have a similar image shovesky and collect.

Newt_Buggs 04-13-2007 02:47 PM

Dariominieri was a successful high stakes SNG player on stars before party shut out the US players and all of the party pros invaded his games.

As others have said I would bet flop. You will still get action from plenty of weaker hands.