Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Bledsoe Retires (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376815)

Toro 04-12-2007 11:23 AM

Bledsoe Retires

We Patriot fans now tend to dismiss him because of Brady and all the playoff seasons and Super Bowls but I think we all owe him a debt of gratitude.

Three men, imo, saved the Patriots franchise. It's easy to forget that New England was the laughing stock of the league and we were on the verge of losing the franchise. I credit Bob Kraft, Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe for restoring credibility and saving the franchise.

Suigin406 04-12-2007 11:27 AM

Re: Bledsoe Retires

yea, bledsoe was a very good player back in the day...imagine if mo lewis (??) didn't knock him out of that game, forcing brady into action...things might have turned out very different...

TruFloridaGator 04-12-2007 11:29 AM

Thanks, Drew! Great Career!

Triumph36 04-12-2007 11:32 AM

they will be erecting a statue for him outside Gillette Stadium soon enough.

Drew says until that happens he will fill in as the statue until the stone version arrives.

KilgoreTrout 04-12-2007 11:33 AM

I'm going to disagree with your assessment, Toro. Bledsoe had tremendous talent, no doubt, but he lacked talent from the neck up. I remember wishing the Pats would swing a deal to trade Bledsoe for the Peyton Manning pick.

A gifted athlete with not a thought in his head.

Suigin406 04-12-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to disagree with your assessment, Toro. Bledsoe had tremendous talent, no doubt, but he lacked talent from the neck up. I remember wishing the Pats would swing a deal to trade Bledsoe for the Peyton Manning pick.

A gifted athlete with not a thought in his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

if anything, i think it would be the other way around...he was not mobile at all and would just take a sick amount of pressure/hits...was his decision making skills really that bad????

Toro 04-12-2007 11:42 AM

Well yes, by then, Bledsoe had already restored the Patriots back to credibilty and had taken them as far as he was able.

And get over to OOT, they want you to comment on Kurt Vonnegut's death, whoever the [censored] that is.

samjjones 04-12-2007 12:24 PM

I heard that Bledsoe actually made this decision in 2005, but it took him a while to release it.

DrewDevil 04-12-2007 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And get over to OOT, they want you to comment on Kurt Vonnegut's death, whoever the [censored] that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's the guy from "Back to School."

Toro 04-12-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard that Bledsoe actually made this decision in 2005, but it took him a while to release it.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of these Bledsoe jokes, standing like a statue, slow release, I actually agree with. After Brady took over for him and he was ready to play there was a pretty hot Brady/Bledsoe debate going on in Patriots Nation and I was most definitely in the Brady camp.

But having said all that, he and the others mentioned restored the Patriots back to respectibilty and for that and the fact that the guy was and is a class act, I am grateful.