Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2-4 NL Bluff. Very Nice! or Ish Don't think so! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=376758)

Money2Burn 04-12-2007 09:50 AM

2-4 NL Bluff. Very Nice! or Ish Don\'t think so!

I hadn't been playing with villian too long, so no real reads. He seemed competent tho. Also I was at the end of a streak where I had been raising a lot, so I had a sort of Laggy image, preflop at least. River sucked, but I pushed anyway. So, good, bad or ugly?

Prima Network No-Limit Hold'em, $4.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

SB ($722.10)
BB ($60.20)
UTG ($508.65)
MP ($321.18)
Hero ($629.40)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]], 6[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]].
UTG calls $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $18, 2 folds, UTG raises to $60, Hero calls $42.

Flop: ($126) J[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], 7[[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]], A[[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($126) A[[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (2 players)
UTG bets $56, Hero raises to $112, UTG calls $56.

River: ($350) Q[[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets $457.4 (All-In), UTG folds.

Final Pot: $807.40

HP 04-12-2007 09:53 AM

Re: 2-4 NL Bluff. Very Nice! or Ish Don\'t think so!

err, not a fan

what hands do you think you fold out? what percentage of his range is that?

Majik 04-12-2007 10:08 AM

Ish don't think so..

Your flop play doesn't make sense. If you had a strong ace, two pair or a set you'd want to protect your hand from that sort of drawy board ye? You wouldn't just give a free card like that. Now when the ace hits on the turn, I get the feeling that you impulsively want to bluff at this right now. The problem is that he is probably aware that a lot of people like to bluff when the a high card falls on the turn, or the board pairs a flopped face card. So he'll be calling your turn raise rather lightly here. He won't be letting QQ or KK go, and he'll probably stick around with a jack-something a lot of the time.

His river check does look a bit "I give up"ish though. And you sort of have to follow through on your bluff from the turn when he checks the river I guess. I'd rather see a value bet sized bet though.

Personally I wouldn't do this because I think you have a very hard time repping a hand playing like this.

Money2Burn 04-12-2007 10:25 AM

I think you are right, at the time tho, I was thinking the min raise and subsequent push could only look like i'd donked up AJ or JJ maybe I was over thinking it.

soah 04-12-2007 10:51 AM

the problem here is that you have to convince him that you're a donk, but if you're successful with that then you're also giving him a reason to look you up