Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hachem Threatened (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375809)

trukpoker 04-11-2007 05:39 AM

Hachem Threatened

Tonight on the aussie tv show 'a current affairs' one of the main stories focused on Joe Hachem and how ever since his rise to fame 'wining 2005 WSOP' his family and himself keep getting threatened. People want to cash in on his success and now he has to move home to a secret location because of the huge amount of threats he keeps receiving.

It also tells of how Joe became a professional poker player when he got a hand injury and could no longer practice as a chiropracter. He believes he will never have a normal life again and though poker made him rich and famous it definately has its downside.

The video will prob be up in few days and ill link it when it appears.

I feel sorry for him, he seems like a really good guy and now he can't even do everyday things without fear for his families health.

Suigin406 04-11-2007 08:07 AM

Re: Hachem Threatened

looking forward to the link about this story, i'm sure fame has downsides for his family, but yikes, serious stuff and unfortunately bad for him...

SEABEAST 04-11-2007 09:11 AM

a current affair, now there is some quality journalism...

KrazyKarl 04-11-2007 10:01 AM

Not as bad as Today Tonight... it got the Chaser's War On Everything Award for being Slightly Less Crap Than Today Tonight :P

slickpoppa 04-11-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a current affair, now there is some quality journalism...

[/ QUOTE ]

Next on A Current Affair, the iguana who took Hollywood by storm: Iguana be in pictures.

deaders 04-11-2007 11:30 AM

Tomorrow night on ACA: shonky lebanese builders are selling diet pills to our fat kids, but what about the illegal immigrants - are they responsible for scamming these pensioners out of their life savings?

mike l. 04-11-2007 11:42 AM

"though poker made him rich and famous it definately has its downside."

poor guy.

sixsixtie 04-11-2007 12:04 PM

from
http://www.pokerlistings.com/safety-...family-to-move

Since his win of the 2005 World Series of Poker Main Event, Joseph Hachem said he's received a number of threats, though nothing really bad.

Out of concern that his previous address was public knowledge, he decided it was time for him and his family to move to a different part of Melbourne.

Hachem splits his time between Melbourne and Las Vegas when he's not traveling the globe participating in various poker tournaments. His family often accompanies him as well during his travels.

Hachem talked about his decision to move while speaking before the final of the European Poker Tour event in Monte Carlo.

He described winning the World Series as "life changing" but didn't expect it to have the large impact that it did.

"I just thought I'd be world champion, get a nice endorsement and go back to my normal life," Hachem said. "Bulls--t, there's nothing normal about my life these days."

While he had wanted to maintain a normal, suburban life in Melbourne, he wasn't willing to gamble with his family's safety. The best way to secure their safety was to make the move.

Mi_T_Sharp 04-11-2007 02:43 PM

A Current Affair....lol.

I remember years ago some comedian doing a bit about this show, where he said, "There's no need to whip a logo at me." For some reason, I found that joke to be hilarious.

jah7_fsu1 04-11-2007 04:38 PM

I will gladly take the money you recieved away from you to lessen this burden Mr. Hachem. It's the least I can do to help your family.