Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   10NL - flop 2nd nut flush, get minraised (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373748)

The Mayo 04-06-2007 12:26 PM

10NL - flop 2nd nut flush, get minraised

Villain is 65/9/1.61 over 75 hands

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($17.70)
Hero ($10)
MP ($16.10)
Button ($14.35)
SB ($9.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.7</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.55) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, Hero ?

I know that opening KJs UTG is kind of loose. But I'm more interested in what to do on the flop.

sanmarcosrun1 04-06-2007 12:37 PM

Re: 10NL - flop 2nd nut flush, get minraised

I actually don't mind the raise pf as long as its not a habitual thing. Flop I don't understand the fear here. Just do whatever it takes to get all his money in the pot. I would just push it in at this point given stacks and pot size.

The Mayo 04-06-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't mind the raise pf as long as its not a habitual thing. Flop I don't understand the fear here. Just do whatever it takes to get all his money in the pot. I would just push it in at this point given stacks and pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't mean that I was scared I was beat. The only hands that beat me are AcTc or worse, and villain's not 3-betting those preflop. I was wondering about how to extract. From his minraise, I got the impression that he had TPTK or a set or something like that. Would he call a push with any of those hands?

elmopoker 04-06-2007 01:02 PM

reraise

Bowlboy 04-06-2007 01:24 PM

I think that against this villain you cant really do anything to protect your hand if he has a hand that could draw out on you. The only reasonable holding that could draw out is the Ac, or a set that could fill up. If he has either of those hands he is going to showdwon. Villain is a donk fish that has 3bet you preflop. He isnt getting away from this. A push on this flop is reasonable because he may think you are bluffing. If he has TP or an overpair he cant let it go. If villain was 18/9/1.61 then totally different story. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Though, he may fold to a push. Rarely, but he just might. As i said, he is not folding the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or any set. You could slowplay this on the flop and donk the turn and hope he raises you so you can get it all in. The only drawback here is a turn club might make him give up on it.