Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   NL400 - TPTK passive becomes a bluff catcher (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372939)

Paul Thomson 04-05-2007 01:21 PM

NL400 - TPTK passive becomes a bluff catcher

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 20/16 over a small sample size.

Fwiw, stack sizes are 150bb deep. The 8 sucks on the river...

Poker Stars
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$2/$4 Blinds
6 Players
LegoPoker HH Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
<u>SB: $623.45</u>
BB: $443.20
UTG: $408.50
MP: $812.40
CO: $310.70
<font color="black">Hero (BTN): $592.35</font>

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB calls $12, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($38, 2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $20</font>, Hero calls $20

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($78, 2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $48</font>, Hero calls $48

<font color="black">River:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($174, 2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $145</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $174 ($3 Rake)

[/ QUOTE ]

snakekilla88 04-05-2007 01:31 PM

Re: NL400 - TPTK passive becomes a bluff catcher

I'd raise the flop and take it from there.

EverettKings 04-05-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

As played I like the turn call and river fold. Unless he's making a ridiculously sneaky play by lead/lead/leading three streets with 7 high, he has you crushed a big chunk of the time. I guess you fold to exactly KT sometimes but that's really the only viable hand here that you can beat.

Paul Thomson 04-05-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought about that especially because of the size of his bet. I assume that u don't think he'll 3-bet me with 9T because there's a good chance that I could have JJ or QQ but 0 chance that he could?

If he calls the raise and a blank 2 comes on the turn are you going to check behind or bet?

Do you think stack sizes are a little awkward at all for a raise on the flop or do you think that it keeps him from pushing a draw?

His donk bet through me off a little bit. I assumed it was either T9, 66 or maybe 77-TT or QK. Do you think he leads the flop with QK?

dchz 04-05-2007 02:23 PM

i don't mind this like occastionally, but i guess you can't really call the river can you? no other reads?

i really don't think the 8 chagnes that much in ths hand?