Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Affiliates/RakeBack (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   2.5 percentage points difference (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=37172)

pokerswami 02-15-2006 01:36 AM

2.5 percentage points difference

I don't want to hear from big time affiliates. I want to hear from the players. I would have posted this in the zoo, but I figured it would get shipped here anyway if I did. Don't those moderators ever sleep?

Would 2.5 percentage points difference be the deciding factor for you in picking an affiliate? (35% vs. 37.5% or 30% vs. 27.5% rakeback, for instance)

Would you be willing to take a higher level of risk with a less well known/trusted affiliate for the extra 2.5 percentage points?

Please post your comments/stories.

morgant 02-15-2006 01:42 AM

Re: 2.5 percentage points difference

i know you dont want to hear from big time affiliates, but i like this thread and am interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

StacysMom 02-15-2006 01:42 AM

It would take nearly a year of no problems for the extra percent to pay off.

MicroBob 02-15-2006 02:13 AM

So many players seem to think that getting 31% instead of 30% is somehow the 'deal-maker' and I never understood that logic.

Anybody should know that the extra 1% shouldn't make that big of a difference.
But I think it does (even with my own decision-making process).

pokerswami 02-15-2006 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i know you dont want to hear from big time affiliates, but i like this thread and am interested to hear peoples opinions on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have said that I didn't want to read the affiliates' sales pitches. I don't mind anyone chiming in when he actually has something to offer besides his sales pitch(es.)

I have learned, for instance, by looking at your avatar what a "big time" affiliate wears while he's hard at work.

threeonefour 02-15-2006 02:58 AM

its all about the %s for me. right now i am not getting the best deal at a site or two. however it might be tricky to change since it means i have to leave that site for a period of time and i lose some benefits (FPP, VIP status, my sweet name, etc)

RakebackStore 02-15-2006 07:53 AM

It really depends on what level of risk you are talking about. If the affiliate is not listed, doesn't have a website or is so small he may not be able to hit targets to pay you I would say don't risk it. A lot of rakeback sites have payments made directly by the poker site - Doyles Room and Prima skins for example. These sites don't have targets for affiliates. So in that case I would say go for it, but don't risk a few percentage points for an affiliate not listed or without a website.

FCBLComish 02-15-2006 09:42 AM

I originally chose my affiliate when I had no idea who was legit and who was not. Since then, I have been very happy (extremely happy) with my affiliate, and would not change for a few extra percent. If I was going to get burned, it was going to be early on when my action was lower than it is today.

SlantNGo 02-15-2006 12:40 PM

I took a 30% deal with an affiliate I trusted over a 31% deal with another affiliate, who was also reputable, but did not have as many "features".

Justin A 02-15-2006 02:49 PM

I recently took an offer for 3% lower so that I could sign up with a friend that I trust. I think knowing you'll get paid month after month is much more important than the extra 2.5%