Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   help wanted taping the Aussie Millions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371417)

gobbomom 04-03-2007 06:59 PM

help wanted taping the Aussie Millions

The Aussie Millions is showing Saturday night, on FSN, my cable guide says at 11 CDT. I'm thinking it's the final table, but I don't have any idea how long it's going for. I need someone to tape this for me because I don't think we get it. I will pay, of course. $25? or whatever is reasonable. I'd prefer dvd, but vhs is ok, too as long as I can get the whole thing. This would be really great, and the Gobbo fam would SOOO appreciate any help on this. Thank you.

AntonHeat 04-03-2007 07:08 PM

Re: help wanted taping the Aussie Millions

First, and hope someone can help ya out

augie_ 04-03-2007 07:17 PM

Hi Gobbomom,

Jimmy told me that they are doing like an 8 part series or something, and he said he might be in every episode. Maybe somehow I did not understand him right.

gobbomom 04-03-2007 07:27 PM

Hi augie, I hope you're feeling better. Winter sucks here, and takes a huge toll on me, too depression-wise. Fresh air and exercise helps. I figured this could be complicated, and made worse by not knowing how it's going to play out. That's why I posted this; I want somebody who will commit to taping him for however long it takes. I guess if it's 8 sessions, that's sure gonna mean more than $25, lol. But, this is important to his whole family. Anyone willing to take this on??? Please.

KneeCo 04-03-2007 07:40 PM

Last season they showed from day 2 onward and it turned out to be 10 episodes.

I think your best bet will be to download it; Gobbo will know how to burn it on a DVD so you and others can watch it on your dvd player.

Soulman 04-03-2007 07:40 PM

gobbomom,

although I don't keep up to date on how fast poker broadcasts are uploaded to torrent sites, I'm sure the wait won't be too long. If someone in your immediate family (like gobbo himself) is tech savvy enough to find, download and burn these (e.g. at thepokerbay), I'm sure you'll have them quick enough.

rothko 04-03-2007 07:49 PM

i don't know what these torrent things are and certainly don't condone them, but the 2007 cash game invitational is already available for dl, so the gobbo classic won't be too far behind. this will be way easier then trying to get someone to record it for you.

gobbomom 04-03-2007 07:53 PM

you guys are helping, THANK YOU. So, I don't need to be concerned with not catching this on Sat? 'Cause he's in Ireland expecting me to, and I don't think I can.

rothko 04-03-2007 07:54 PM

correct, you will be able to watch it later. likely as early as sunday.

AntonHeat 04-03-2007 08:28 PM

Ya honestly Torrents ftw.