Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   WPT / EPT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369938)

BigBuffet 04-02-2007 01:10 AM

WPT / EPT

Shouldn't the WPT be renamed the American Poker Tour (assuming they get a new TV network) since Europe is part of the 'world'?

Degenerasian 04-02-2007 01:24 AM

Re: WPT / EPT

no because there are WPT events in Canada, France, Bahamas and possibly more I just cant think of any

private joker 04-02-2007 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't the WPT be renamed the American Poker Tour (assuming they get a new TV network) since Europe is part of the 'world'?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I can hear it now from Vince Van Patten.

VVP: Here we are once again on the American Poker Tour, visiting the Aviation Club in Gay Paree!

Mike: You're absolutely right, Vince. Paris is one of my favorite spots here on the American Poker Tour. English journalist and poker pro Roland DeWolfe is here, defending his title as THE American Poker Champion... right here in Paris, France.

VVP: Yes, Mike, but he'll have to face his rival Surinder Sunar, who won his American Poker Tour champion title here at the Aviation Club in 2004.

BigBuffet 04-02-2007 01:14 PM

Ok. In addition to the name change, the APT would just be for US and Canada events.

All I'm saying is it's stupid to me to have two tours that partially overlap with inappropraite names.

Maybe a better question is why have a EPT? Why not just have an expanded WPT that has more events in Europe?

Just wondering about this, not a big deal...

PleaseSignal 04-02-2007 01:22 PM

god this thread is beyond retarded

BigBuffet 04-02-2007 01:28 PM

Then you must be equally retarded for posting here

NickMPK 04-02-2007 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. In addition to the name change, the APT would just be for US and Canada events.

All I'm saying is it's stupid to me to have two tours that partially overlap with inappropraite names.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are the names inappropriate? The World Poker Tour has events around the world. The European Poker Tour only has events in Europe. They don't even overlap since there is no EPT event in Paris.

Phntm 04-02-2007 08:28 PM

Not to mention the fact that the EPT doesn't seem to have the WPT style final table crap shoot structure, seems like they actually care to have the players play it out, and not just big all ins for TV.

HSB 04-02-2007 08:30 PM

You do understand that World Poker Tour and European Poker Tour are just names right?

They could have called them the Fred Tour and the Wilma's Got Nice Buns Tour. Moreover, they aren't related so they have no reason whatsoever to coordinate the names betwixt themselves.