Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Sharkscope (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369039)

Ray_bob 03-31-2007 11:23 PM

Sharkscope

hey guys i only just found out about sharkscope. do you guys pay a subscripition. also how often do you use it. any information would be appreciated about it.

Kevin8423 03-31-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Sharkscope

Some people do and some people don't, personally I do not pay but occasionally I'll look someone up with my 5 searches.

There are far more important tools to invest in first if you currently have nothing.

Mingdu 04-01-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are far more important tools to invest in first if you currently have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

potamophobia 04-01-2007 12:58 AM

Can you make some suggestions? I am also interested in this topic.

ArtMonkRules 04-01-2007 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you make some suggestions? I am also interested in this topic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one is PokerTracker! Sharkscope stats can be interesting to check out every now and then, but they don't tell you [censored] about how a guy plays. You need PT and PokerAce HUD.

Jago 04-01-2007 01:09 AM

If you're a new sng player then most of the board would suggest SNGPT

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 01:32 AM

I think Pokertracker and PAHud are the most important things you can have.

-Keep track of your own playing
-Updating stats overlay the table to get info on players
-Displaying showdown after hands so you dont have to look at the hand history (best thing ever created)

I think this along with 2+2 is more beneficial to a newer player than SNGPT or other things, I think those are more useful to somewhat more developed players with a decent knowledge of STTs built by play and 2+2.

fluorescenthippo 04-01-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Pokertracker and PAHud are the most important things you can have.

-Keep track of your own playing
-Updating stats overlay the table to get info on players
-Displaying showdown after hands so you dont have to look at the hand history (best thing ever created)

I think this along with 2+2 is more beneficial to a newer player than SNGPT or other things, I think those are more useful to somewhat more developed players with a decent knowledge of STTs built by play and 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. dude honestly i could not disagree more. i should really stop teaching the fish. but honestly snpgt is the best thing ive ever bought. to quote curtains, its worth tens of thousands of dollars

Kevin8423 04-01-2007 02:17 AM

My point is that a new player will have a hell of a time trying to make anything out of SNGPT, not that it isn't an amazing tool. Without a certain level of knowledge of STTs I don't think you can really use it, could be wrong though.

fluorescenthippo 04-01-2007 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that a new player will have a hell of a time trying to make anything out of SNGPT, not that it isn't an amazing tool. Without a certain level of knowledge of STTs I don't think you can really use it, could be wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, but if they cant understand sngpt, they cant understand PHUD