Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Best overlays on Stars low buy-ins? Advice please (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367149)

sethypooh21 03-29-2007 02:21 PM

Best overlays on Stars low buy-ins? Advice please

So, after about 18 mos off, I fired up the old PS, and noodled around playing some of the FPP quals to last week's $1050 Sunday mil. Being a luckbox, I won two seats (in one, coming back from down to T$~750 with blinds 200/400 on my BB and having to call ATC with 72o. I play very goot) neither of which I used. So now I have $2+k, and am somewhat bored already of my 'normal' low stakes 6-max LHE game, and am looking to work in more MTTs.

Basically, can anyone help me out by recommending which Stars tourneys have the best combo of overlay and ending in a reasonable amount of time (I'm pretty sure I have an overlay in a 2500 person $3.30, but 2500 people = past my bed time...)

JohnFR 03-29-2007 02:24 PM

Re: Best overlays on Stars low buy-ins? Advice please

hahahahah, no overlays on stars, the $3.3R's usually end up with over 30k in prize pool with garauntees of 10k and 20k

Cheers!
John

Mi_T_Sharp 03-29-2007 02:27 PM

OP, I'm pretty sure you think overlay means when the prize pool is greater than the guarantee. Overlay is basically the exact opposite. But, if that's your definition of overlay, then every Stars guarantee has one...lol.

sethypooh21 03-29-2007 02:27 PM

No, sorry, I didn't mean overlay in terms of add'l money, but rather in terms of bad players (assuming I'm better than average. Because if not, really doesn't matter, no?)

Oberonn 03-29-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can anyone help me out by recommending which Stars tourneys have the best combo of overlay and ending in a reasonable amount of time (I'm pretty sure I have an overlay in a 2500 person $3.30, but 2500 people = past my bed time...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Your definition of OVERLAY does not seem to be consistent with what I normally see referred to as overlay. There is normally no overlay in Star's Guarantees.

Edit: I type slow, several responses while I typed my response.

sethypooh21 03-29-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Best VALUE on Stars low buy-ins? Advice please

I suck at speaking english, understandable since it's my first and only language. To clarify any advice on which tourneys have the best combo of VALUE and swiftness of resolution? Are the 180s the way to go?

tedtodd 03-29-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suck at speaking english, understandable since it's my first and only language. To clarify any advice on which tourneys have the best combo of VALUE and swiftness of resolution? Are the 180s the way to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.

I would try some of the $8.80 360 max tourneys. Or just play some 45 turbos.

Sherman 03-29-2007 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4/180s seem to run a bit over 3 hours. But I haven't been in one that run under 3 hours.

registrar 03-29-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, sorry, I didn't mean overlay in terms of add'l money, but rather in terms of bad players (assuming I'm better than average. Because if not, really doesn't matter, no?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've only played Bodog, Crypto, Prima, Mansion and Party and the standard on Stars is way higher. To give an example, a £20 ($40) on Crypto plays the same as a 4/180.

To answer the question, from a limited sample, the new $25/45s seem very soft.

0evg0 03-29-2007 05:01 PM

Playing $8 tourneys with a 2-3k roll would be retartartatered