Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The feminization of todays youth (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366326)

guids 03-28-2007 02:23 PM

The feminization of todays youth

Kind of a two part deal. My little brother wants to play football, my mom says no, because he will get hurt etc (even though, I suspect my dad wants him to play soccer ebcuase thats what my family does is soccer not football). Then Im listening to the radio today, and the exact same subject comes up. People were calling in to the radio show host after he said that parents are teaching thier boys to be weak in a lot of things, then all these soccer parents called up and complained "oh my boy isnt built for football", "he will get hurt", "there is less competition in soccer" etc. And when you think about it a lot of these arguments are BS, because I just fail to see how there can be that much of a physical difference between 5th graders. Soccer/football is just one example so pls dont get hung up on that debate pls. But I fully agree that over the last 50 years, each generation has lost more and more of the traits that a male normally possesses. thoughts?

Caldarooni 03-28-2007 02:24 PM

Re: The feminization of todays youth

I blame Aveda.

fuzzwonder 03-28-2007 02:26 PM

i foresee a resurgence of zima drinkers

Aloysius 03-28-2007 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I blame Sanjaya.

[/ QUOTE ]

onthebutton 03-28-2007 02:27 PM

It's pretty hard not to notice. Any type of activity where "aggressive" behavior is required is becoming more and more frowned upon. People equate "aggressive sports behavior" with "aggressive social behavior/criminal aggression", which in most cases is completely wrong.

I blame people who don't capitalize or punctuate correctly.

fluffpop62 03-28-2007 02:30 PM

That's why I like military men. Strong! FIERCE! Then again, David Beckham > > > T.O.

even though I just looked up T.O. and he's pretty cute too.

Leaky Eye 03-28-2007 02:30 PM

I played football and I probably wouldn't want my kids to do so. I think the risk of serious or permanent injury is much higher than other sports. My kids can stick to hockey and muay thai.

Aloysius 03-28-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I blame Ross from Friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

junkmail3 03-28-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I blame SOY.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

traz 03-28-2007 02:35 PM

And here I thought good FYP's were a lost art.

When I first entered a MA competition, my mother + sisters all thought I was crazy, and that engaging in violence voluntarily was stupid. But I maintain that it was an awesome experience, and every man should know what it's like to be hit.

My son(s) will be partaking in some kind of violent hobby.