Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   55 in SB with UTG+1 raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365647)

chiachu 03-27-2007 06:43 PM

55 in SB with UTG+1 raise

6/12 live, 9 players at the tables.

Villan has been at the table for about an hour or so and from what ive seen, almost TAG (a little bit too loose preflop, but aggressive). So far, ive seen villan raise preflop with AKo and AJs, and limp KTo from early position. He has also 3-bet the flop with TP2K

Hero is in the SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG folds, <font color="red">Villan raises</font>, 5 folds, <font color="blue">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">Villan caps</font>, <font color="blue">Hero calls</font>

Flop: QT4 (rainbow)
<font color="blue">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Villan calls</font>

Turn: 6

River: Q

Comments welcome on all streets.

edit: i should add that he is aware that ive been playing tight preflop, and this would be the first 3-bet preflop he has seen me make.

Aaron W. 03-27-2007 07:04 PM

Re: 55 in SB with UTG+1 raise

Fold preflop. Check-fold the flop.

fretelöo 03-27-2007 07:11 PM

Spew, is my comment.

Sorry. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sarsen 03-27-2007 07:18 PM

meh. I hate the 3-bet preflop. That's an expensive price to pay to see the flop with only a little pair.

Second Toughest 03-27-2007 07:24 PM

Fold, fold, fold.

Aaron W. 03-27-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: i should add that he is aware that ive been playing tight preflop, and this would be the first 3-bet preflop he has seen me make.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see what that should make you even *MORE* inclined to just check-fold the flop?

chiachu 03-27-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i agree that the preflop 3-bet was bad. But with 8 small bets on the flop, with his hand range being: AA-JJ (6 combos each, 3 for Q's), and AK (16 combos)... a c/f on the flop just didnt feel right at the time. I was actually thinking after the hand that a c/r on the flop would have been better (folding to a 3-bet, and leading the turn with the intent of not putting any more bets in if called on the flop)

Point Blank 03-27-2007 08:36 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ...

I really don't get anything ... "villain will notice that I've been playing tight" - really (after how many rum and cokes? ... was the waitress hot, or anyother yummy ladys around)

pre flop - ...

flop (you aren;t folding anything that that raises in EP here ... maybe one hand 99 ... everything thing else has draws plus over cards - giving them at least 50% against you ... also, don't people love to call in live games?)

Aaron W. 03-27-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, i agree that the preflop 3-bet was bad. But with 8 small bets on the flop, with his hand range being: AA-JJ (6 combos each, 3 for Q's), and AK (16 combos)... a c/f on the flop just didnt feel right at the time. I was actually thinking after the hand that a c/r on the flop would have been better (folding to a 3-bet, and leading the turn with the intent of not putting any more bets in if called on the flop)

[/ QUOTE ]

AK never folds before the river and has 10 outs to beat you (ie, AK sucks out ~40% of the time). So you're behind 21 hands out of 37 and drawing to 2 or fewer outs (equity &lt; 10%) and when you're ahead those 16 hands you've got to avoid a whole lot of cards twice (equity ~60%). Either way, you're not in good shape, and you're just setting yourself up to lose a bunch of money.

Grease 03-27-2007 09:20 PM

I hate to say it...

Misplayed on every street.

3-betting a superior hand HU OOP is never a winning play.

Just fold PF and let him take the blinds.