Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Maybe the single worst hand of poker ever played, $100 NL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364157)

djj6835 03-26-2007 12:13 AM

Maybe the single worst hand of poker ever played, $100 NL

Button is crzylgsjaxon, 26/20/1.5 over about 700 hands. He might be 2p2?, i'm not really sure. The main issue is that he's 3-betting an utg raiser that is unkown to me, so I'm not at all sure about his range here. Looking back at this hand, this looks a lot more like AK than AA/KK.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $96
UTG+1: $45.05
CO: $114.05
Button: $107.35
SB: $183.65
Hero: $101

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $14</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($42.5, 3 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO is all-in $100.05</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.
Uncalled bets: $100.05 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $42.5

FeNeF 03-26-2007 12:17 AM

Re: Maybe the single worst hand of poker ever played, $100 NL

This is a very weird hand. PF is okay with UTG being unknown, and the flop = WTF? I put him on overcards + diamonds, but who knows? Maybe AJ? I'd probably call although UTG makes me a little nervous because I don't really see him playing anything that beats QQ like this.

Isura 03-26-2007 12:21 AM

You'll see AA/KK plenty often given that its a 3-way pot and he reraised an UTG. I don't mind this fold.

BGnight 03-26-2007 12:22 AM

I agree, very strange. I hate calling pf w/ QQ here but raising isnt so special if just called. He either has diamonds or and overpair. AJ maybe. I don't like it. I'd be fine dumping this especially w/ UTG still in hand.

WotaWaster 03-26-2007 12:35 AM

If your folding this on a J high flop should you fold preflop if you would also fold 55 here?
I don't think you are really getting odds to play for a set and there are the times you lose the 14 without seeing a flop when UTG 4bets and you have to fold.

Isura 03-26-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If your folding this on a J high flop should you fold preflop if you would also fold 55 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad logic. He isn't going to overbet shove this flop into 2 players with all of his 3-betting hands.

Psydoc 03-26-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad logic. He isn't going to overbet shove this flop into 2 players with all of his 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we call and hope he bets something like 2/3 pot on this flop so we can push him in? Or bet when checked to and...fold (or call?) a c/r?

djj6835 03-26-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This is bad logic. He isn't going to overbet shove this flop into 2 players with all of his 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ] So we call and hope he bets something like 2/3 pot on this flop so we can push him in? Or bet when checked to and...fold (or call?) a c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I fold if he bets 2/3 pot plus. That's pretty strong in a reraised pot with two other players on this board. Anybody object to that?

Psydoc 03-26-2007 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]This is bad logic. He isn't going to overbet shove this flop into 2 players with all of his 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ] So we call and hope he bets something like 2/3 pot on this flop so we can push him in? Or bet when checked to and...fold (or call?) a c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I fold if he bets 2/3 pot plus. That's pretty strong in a reraised pot with two other players on this board. Anyboy object to that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I kind of agree with newbie above...I think if we aren't wanting to get it in here, and we're even folding to a cbet on this flop, we should fold pf. Seems like I recall reading similar threads on this spot recently with that conclusion. Not sure about the 'bad logic' Isura mentions...but maybe additional discussion could clarify things...

djj6835 03-26-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] This is bad logic. He isn't going to overbet shove this flop into 2 players with all of his 3-betting hands.

[/ QUOTE ] I think I fold if he bets 2/3 pot plus. That's pretty strong in a reraised pot with two other players on this board. Anyboy object to that?

[/ QUOTE ] Well I kind of agree with newbie above...I think if we aren't wanting to get it in here, and we're even folding to a cbet on this flop, we should fold pf. Seems like I recall reading similar threads on this spot recently with that conclusion. Not sure about the 'bad logic' Isura mentions...but maybe additional discussion could clarify things...

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I just feel like he's checking behind with the weaker part of his range given two people calling his 3-bet, one calling it cold. I'm pretty sure villain knows my range is very tight here.