Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   A trivial question about the censorship software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362723)

Mickey Brausch 03-23-2007 10:47 PM

A trivial question about the censorship software

In a Politics thread about the firing of DAs, my way of commenting on the boring, boring (IMO) nature of the issue was to post this phrase: "The most interesting thing about this thread was discovering that the censorship software seriously objects to a single sh*t but welcomes a shitstorm." (Which is true! Check out the OP.)

The post was deleted by a mod for being "outside the thread's topic" and also, more importantly, for "circumventing the censorship software". Meaning, my writing the word "sh*t".

So, the question is: I see words such as "f*ck" routinely written on 2+2 forums. Is this forbidden?

Thanks.

jman220 03-23-2007 10:55 PM

Re: A trivial question about the censorship software

[ QUOTE ]
In a Politics thread about the firing of DAs, my way of commenting on the boring, boring (IMO) nature of the issue was to post this phrase: "The most interesting thing about this thread was discovering that the censorship software seriously objects to a single sh*t but welcomes a shitstorm." (Which is true! Check out the OP.)

The post was deleted by a mod for being "outside the thread's topic" and also, more importantly, for "circumventing the censorship software". Meaning, my writing the word "sh*t".

So, the question is: I see words such as "f*ck" routinely written on 2+2 forums. Is this forbidden?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

The post was deleted primarily for adding nothing of value whatsoever to the thread, and having no content at all related to the OP, or any of the replies to the OP. I will clarify the profanity filter issue in the mod forum, but your post is not going to be restored either way, because that was not the primary reason it was deleted.

Regards,
--jman220

daryn 03-23-2007 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, since it's basically the same thing as just saying the word

BradleyT 03-23-2007 11:54 PM

How can shitstorm get through, doesn't anyone read the docs?

Why isn't [censored](.*?) in the censored list?

Mike Haven 03-23-2007 11:56 PM

There is some small discretion allowed to mods, but, basically, yes, if you circumvent the filter in any way you are making yourself liable to be warned, then banned.

Mike Haven 03-23-2007 11:59 PM

Shitstorm will now be added to the filter.

Please point out any other similar words that you notice that have been missed, to date. Thanks. (Not invented ones. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

RoundTower 03-24-2007 11:48 AM

shitstorms

WhatDoesCallMean 03-24-2007 04:30 PM

imho, Ongame = bastard [censored] [censored] sons of bitches [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

personally, id class some of the above as profanity and am surprised they're not censored [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

T-God 03-24-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] will now be added to the filter.

Please point out any other similar words that you notice that have been missed, to date. Thanks. (Not invented ones. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I have permission to make a big list w/o fear of banning?

benza13 03-24-2007 06:37 PM

FuckyesIwouldassume[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] <font color="white"> please don't ban me if I was wrong </font>